NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SEF URLs and Debugging

Hi,
I am trying PhpEd and i can't see a way of debugging a site which uses SEF URLs ( eg. instead of ).

Can this be done? How?

Thank you
Site Admin

You may try Tools->Open URL
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
SEF Debugging

I know this is an old issue; but I'm trying to do this using PhpEd Pro 5.2 and Open URL didn't work for me; I open the URL and when I click on the menu item I get the error but even thou the break point is set it never breaks to it.
I have a project I really need to finish and this is a show stopper; I can't get passed this problem; its an SEF problem I'm trouble shooting; it works fine with it turned off.

this is a very good question. I did not think it was a problem until this post. Yes, please help us debug URLs that do not end in .php or any filename. They are this way because it is a better way to get the search engines to index urls with multiple paramaters (beyond 3).

furthermore, it is a fact that google will throttle back if it finds ANY question mark in the url (i read it someplace on the google website or thru matt cutts of google, cant remember which), and this can actually prevent deep crawling of the website, and delay indexing of new pages.

Please let us debug URLs that do not end in file extensions!
Site Admin

Quote:
Yes, please help us debug URLs that do not end in .php or any filename

It's not clear what kind of problems you faced up with OpenURL. I just checked and it worked fine for me. If you have problems because URLs are rewritten by the server, it may explain why DBGSESSION is stripped from the URL and subsequently debugger did not start debug session. In this case you may want to use IE toolbar to start debugging. FireFox toolbar is available from 3rd party: firefox-toolbar-for-dbg-available-t2439.html