NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"Search / Replace" small enchancement

Hello.

I would like to have more buttons in Search dialog window:
[Find] instead of [Ok]
and option "Close dialog on found" and when searched text is found next press on [Find] button should do function like "Find next".

In Replace dialog window I'd like to have
[Find] [Replace] instead of [OK] and the same option as above: "Close dialog on find/replace" and of course similar beahvior as described above.

In fact "Search / Replace" could be exactly the same dialog window with buttons [Find] [Replace] [Replace all] and what is obvious with "Close dialog after" option.

This feature is really usefull particularly if I'm trying to write regular expression and Im checking if it is working or not, and gives easy way to quickly modify this expression. Lack of this feature is irritating when I have to every time use Undo and again open or search/replace, or switch between those two windows.

Regards.
ppv
Site Admin

maybe it's better to have a regexp building tool?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Im not telling about building expression, but improving search/replace dialogs with small powerful (IMHO) feature, and make them less annoying and more useful. When will be there option to close dialog after search, anyone who got used to old behaviour does not feel differences.

I want to noticed (to others who do not know) here that phpEd has very good support for regular expression in search/replace functions: support for question mark modifiers e.g. (.*?) This is very rarely supported.

best regards,
ppv.

I'd whish to have two other enhancements:

1. When searching with "F3": A setting to continue search at the top if it has reached the bottom of the file. Visual Studio "pings" when you have looped completely through the file and reached again the initially first found position.

2. Key that sets the current selection as the search phrase without popping up the search dialog. In Visiual Studio this is <Ctrl>-<F3>. Ultraedit even has an option that <F3> allone searches for the currently selected text.

I'm used to both features so much. I'm currently searching a lot because I'm programming addons for vBulletin which means examining a lot of unfamiliar code.

Im fully agree, but for me this the next step after I wrote Smile
and it woluld be nice to know if it ever happens ...

regards.
"Search / Replace" small enchancement