NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Javascript in embedded mozilla browser

I can’t debug a large four part Bootstrap Accordion registration form because it appears that the scripts in the embedded browser in phpEd are not working, so that the required data on collapse two to four can’t be entered, plus I’ve noticed that all script functionality is inoperative in the browser. Everything else in this out-of-the box, unchanged installation is fine.

Currently when debugging I’m using a Firefox external browser but this very tiresome because the form clears when debugging stops and you repeatedly have to re enter data, this doesn’t occur in the embedded browser.

Any directions? Tell me there’s some tiny box somewhere I can tick. Some tiny box that should have hover help and DOESN’T.
Site Admin

There is nothing that would block scripts in embedded browsers. I can see they work and can post some logs and can find tags in DOM. If something does not work for you, you need to check if the scripts are loaded in the first place. If they are, start posting logs and check console.

Which logs do I look in? Do you know how many logs there are on this machine?
I complain continually that people who “know” are incapable of answering because they assume too much.
Imagine your customers are Gibbons, and then write a reply.
Before you post your reply, go away, make tea, (or coffee) return and after rewriting you answer so it’s EXPLICIT you may post it!
Site Admin

Thanks for instructions on how to make posts.

Perhaps, the wording is not very clear -- I want to expand a little bit. Basically, PhpED that does not make any efforts to run or not to run your scripts in either embedded browsers or external ones. The scripts are running by a piece of code that was developed by the browser development teams, not NuSphere. We only integrated their work. I know that scripts work in embedded browsers and you can see it yourself if you check something simple. But if _some_ of your scripts do not work there, how can we help? You just indicated you're experiencing a problem. That's it. All right, you can blame us, you can blame people who developed browsers, you can blame people who developed scripts, but doing so you change really nothing. If you need help, you can create reproducible case, as small as possible, learn how to write scripts and how to write functions that log activity in particular, then find what drives the running process, find corresponding developers and check with them. May be they will help. That's my suggestions on how to handle such situations. Of course, with full respect and good wishes.

PS Since you did not provide much details, except where the problem (potentially) happened - embedded browser and some 3rd party Bootstrap Accordion js framework, I assumed that it's JavaScript you're trying to run in embedded browser.

I installed the latest version of phpEd hoping that I would come with an update that would reconfigure how the Embedded Mozilla Browser in phpEd behaves, but regrettably it didn’t.

In all other browsers, JavaScript’s run without a problem, it’s the Embedded Mozilla Browser in phpEd that is singularly is not running scripts, which is really annoying and even more annoying, after spending lots of time looking at very setting in “Tools Configure Browsers…” there is no setting (that I can see) that points to a solution for my problem.

I’m aware of everything you say in your last reply, normally I would bring up “Developer Tools” and look to see what was causing no script what-so-ever (whoever wrote it, of every and any description) not to work.

This leads me to ask you if you know how I can configure the Embedded Mozilla Browser in phpEd, which would be a start for me to find a solution to this VERY annoying problem I have.
Site Admin

Screenshot below shows that embedded Firefox does run Javascript and modifies DOM by adding TextNode.

If your application does not work in embedded FireFix, you have the following options:
* use external FireFox
* debug your application and make it compatible with embedded FireFox