NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[PHPEd 17 - bug?] Saving a file in the middle of debugging..

Guys,

Can anyone confirm the following behaviour?

Saving a file in the middle of debugging session will return cursor to current execution line.

1. Create a project with two files.
2. Break in debugger in File A, line 10 (keep debugging session alive).
3. Open File B.
4. Edit File B & Save (or CTRL+SHIFT+S)

PHPEd will unexpectedly switch to File A, line 10.

PHPEd 17.0, build 17030.

Really sucks! You save a file and then spend a minute looking for it in the tabs.

Thanks!

Hmm.. Actually it does not matter if you edit File A or B.

I've just seen that breaking a file and saving it moves cursor to execution point.

Anyone?

temuri416 wrote:
Hmm.. Actually it does not matter if you edit File A or B.

I've just seen that breaking a file and saving it moves cursor to execution point.

Anyone?

Yes ... this Problem appeared after one of the last updates.

Very annoying.

@dmitri

I filed a bug report on this. Have you seen it? Were you able to reproduce?
Site Admin

we have this problem fixed in v18. As of v17, it's already frozen for non-major issues. If it happens to get a major issue in v17, we'll back-port the fix to this version too.

dmitri wrote:
we have this problem fixed in v18. As of v17, it's already frozen for non-major issues. If it happens to get a major issue in v17, we'll back-port the fix to this version too.

Hi Dmitri,

I have reported the bug with cursor moving to breakpoint line in june this year (2016).
I hoped to be fixed within, say, few weeks.
Now it's been already 6 months since reporting the bug and there are no information when fixed release will be available.
The pace of fixing bugs is quite frustrating since we do development every day...

When can we expect new release - either v18 or v17 with fixes?

Thanx for info if any ...
Lubos
Site Admin

v18 will be available in a few days
as of why v17 hasn't got this fix -- read my previous post

dmitri wrote:
v18 will be available in a few days
as of why v17 hasn't got this fix -- read my previous post

Hi Dmitri, thank you for your response & great news - it's actually already downloadable via eShop, since I have purchased personal licence.

But I am sorry to say this, but installer fails with runtime error and & therefore am not able to install build 18013 (x64):

Internal error: Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 70:169)'
ExtractTemporaryFile: The file "phped.bin.slip" was not found.

EDIT: The issue has been fixed instantly on second day from releasing PHPEd v8 (build 18014). Thank you.

Last edited by lubosdz on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

@lubosd, have you got a response to this problem yet? I see it's been a week already.
A fellow guy wants to purchase a license but the number of issues and the pace of fixing them is really strongly shaking the decision. My observations are the same. I've proposed several times to have multi-line tabbar so we could be able to glance over all open tabs at once without needing to scroll, with no success. If you open more than 6-7 files, you can't see the rest or know what's been opened already without cumbersome work with the tab menus.
Also, the issue with installing the non-trial version as in your case, is embarrassing.
Fixing issues

tedych wrote:
@lubosd, have you got a response to this problem yet? I see it's been a week already.
A fellow guy wants to purchase a license but the number of issues and the pace of fixing them is really strongly shaking the decision. My observations are the same. I've proposed several times to have multi-line tabbar so we could be able to glance over all open tabs at once without needing to scroll, with no success. If you open more than 6-7 files, you can't see the rest or know what's been opened already without cumbersome work with the tab menus.
Also, the issue with installing the non-trial version as in your case, is embarrassing.

Hi,

yes, the issue has been solved very fast - actually on the second day from reporting.
I guess I was not the only one who reported:-)
Now I have tested PHPEd 8 and it works great - many issues above have been solved, debugger is blazing fast, code inspection & switching between projects also seems to gain better performance.
The guys do great job, but not everyhting can be adjusted to specific user's needs, I guess.
Regarding files - I dont have bad experience working with multiple open files - I have commonly 10-20 files open.
There are certain options to customize also your tabs & bars - pls consult with the manual.
On the other hand I must agree that PR & frequency of updates is really somewhat slow at NuShpere, it's been already discussed around.
Your friend can give a free try to IDE by using the trial version valid for 30 days or so.

First, thanks.
While at it, I'm not eager to post a new thread, but just to ask you something. Just trying the trial.
Despite the claimed PHP 7.1 support, v18 doesn't seem to support it at all. Do you witness the same in the registered version?
protected const MYCONST=1; is parser error. public function myfunction(?string $s)... is another error in code.
The default settings are Parser: PHP 7.x (no 7.1 or 7.0, just 7.x). I even set the project properties to use custom settings, also 7.x.
What gives?!
Site Admin

[quote] The default settings are Parser: PHP 7.x[quote]

This includes 7.1, doesn't it?

[quote] What gives?[quote]

Debugger & profiler for php 7.1
For most developers - that's a critical part.
As of protected constants -- they are not demanded that much.