NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
saved password encryption algorithm?

I'm trying to write an integration script that I can use in the Workspace view that will let me Diff the local file with the remote file. It looks like the only way to do it is to get the FTP details and download the file myself, then feed the files to WinMerge (OSS Diff tool).

In order to do that, I need to decrypt the stored passwords for the accounts in Application Data\NuSphere\PhpED\config\accounts.cfg.

Here's what a stored password looks like in that file:
Code:

<pass type="pass">t8Y7LyhOUJK/jVHobm5gCwxkTgtilGsMnz6urtXDTthPWQue6fBBbckNWlUg4QmOgZsPyCJiaiPEK9DicAizNC1==</pass>

(this is not a real password)

Looks like 87 characters and then a "==". Anyone have any idea what the encryption algorithm used is, and what the salt might be? Not too hopeful about this.
View user's profileFind all posts by pineappleclockSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Why not to use diff utility that comes with every source control system?

well, i plan on using WinMerge, but I suppose the actual Diff program doesn't matter.
What I need to know is if the file has changed on the remote server, or if my copy of the file and the server's copy don't match.
Currently there's a SmartSync function, but it just downloads if the file is different.
I need access to the remote file, and this is impossible through PhpED. Therefore I need the FTP details stored in PhpED.

Basically I'm trying to replicate the DW "Compare local file with remote" function.

Please, if there's an easier way to do this, I'm all ears.
View user's profileFind all posts by pineappleclockSend private messageVisit poster's website
TextEncrypt

Undoubtedly this is one of the best Text Encryptions - Try the new version of TextEncrypt from trustdownload dot com
saved password encryption algorithm?