NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Save Screen Layouts For Easy Retrieval

I have a Laptop and visit several different workstations with differing monitor setups. Is there a way that I can save the varying PhpEd & Debug screen layouts so that I can load the desired layout matching each differing monitor setup? If not, can you make that a request for the future?
Site Admin

If you're visiting different workstation from the same laptop, how whould it affect the monitor setup? It's my understanding that the monitor setup remains the same - per your laptop settings.

If you're visiting different workstation from the same laptop, how whould it affect the monitor setup? It's my understanding that the monitor setup remains the same - per your laptop settings.

At every place I go to I have very different external monitors of all shapes and sizes. My Laptop is smart enough to know which external monitor is which and can tweak my base setup with no problem. The problem is that some are landscape some are portrait some are larger and some are kinda small. This messes with the NuSphere when I run either the code window or the Debug and other info windows in separate monitors because of size features and other issues.

Also when I unplug altogether - say on a trip - I may only have my Laptop monitor and then I can't see the external (were last on an external monitor) NuSphere windows at all.

I assumed that since NuSphere can already remember where my last layout was then it can save/remember many such scenarios and then recall them from a simple list.
PLEASE integrate that feature!

This would be such a great feature!
I can't count the times i had to restore my favourite layout! We're working with a laptop and two or three monitors connected to a docking station. Every time we change the desk / room etc. we have to drag the windows again and again - it's so annoying!

PLEASE, please, please integrate that "save current layout" feature - with named layouts that i can restore from a simple list! This can't be a great challenge...

Thank you so much!

landscape some are portrait some are larger and some are kinda small. This messes with the NuSphere when I run either the code window or the Debug and other info windows in separate monitors because of size features and other issues.