NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Save open files in remote FTP site

Hi,
Is is possible to save files open in the editor from a remote ftp site. I usually have many open pages but between sessions those open pages are forgotten; unlike pages on in a local phpEd project. How can i achieve this persistence with an FTP site??

thanks all ... Confused

Hello,
If you set up the account in Tools - Accounts, you can than open files from that account using the explorer pane. Although i find it more useful to make a local copy of the page and use Project - Publish (set up in Project - Project Properties - Publishing)

odinuv wrote:
Hello,
If you set up the account in Tools - Accounts, you can than open files from that account using the explorer pane. Although i find it more useful to make a local copy of the page and use Project - Publish (set up in Project - Project Properties - Publishing)

Yes that's what ive done - i've downloaded the entire remote site and have it set up as a phpEd project as well as creating an FTP account to the same site Open in phpEds Explorer tab so i can edit the files 'live' (get & put via ftp).

I just want phpEd to remember the dozen or so pages i have open in the editor from the remote site. Since its a CMS/MVC site the pages are spread far and wide in the file/dir hierarchy so having to find and open them again every time i open phpEd is a pain. I can do this easily in Notepad++ with its ftp plugin - but Notepad++ doesnt have good support(yet) for Workspace/Project based setups.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your problem. Have you tried using worksets ?

odinuv wrote:
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your problem. Have you tried using worksets ?

Thanks for your help odinuv - what are these worksets ?? - im using phpEd 5.9 - they sound like a new feature i'm unfamiliar with.

Basically it lets you store set of open files - i sometimes use it on large projets where if i'm working on certain part i always need certain files (scattered in many different directories), it is very briefly described here: http://www.nusphere.com/products/php_ide_worksets.htm

Of the top of my head - i belive it was introduced in version 9 or 10.

right - looks like ill need to upgrade to newer version - i've been looking for an excuse to for ages.

thanks again,

Cheers
Save open files in remote FTP site