NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Running script but...

Pre sales question

I tried running within phped a simple hello script and all that returned in the internal browser was

--------------
Quote:

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

---------------

the script was saved in the "nusphere/phped/Projects/" folder with the file extension .php5

what do you think could be wrong Confused

THE LOG SHOWS ME

-----------------

Quote:
"Action", "Failed to navigate to URL: http://localhost:8080/file:/C:/Program%20Files/nusphere/phped/Projects/noname1.php?DBGSESSID=-1&PHPEdHidden=35706", "08:05:19", ""

------------------
Site Admin

Check if you have firewall that blocks IDe from accessing web seriver running on localhost TCP/8080. Also check firewall rules for Srv.exe (the web server) to make sure that the others can connect to it.

BTW, if you have Apache or IIS and it works for you, you can easily switch to it. See project properties explained in the manual.

I just got this error and I found out that it could be caused by a different issue than firewall rules.

For some unknown reasons, my HOSTS file was damaged and it lost the mapping of "localhost" to the IP address 127.0.0.1. So, since it was not possible to resolve the name localhost in its corresponding IP address, PhpED correctly reported the error outlined in this thread.

So, if you get this error, apart firewall rules make sure to check in your system the HOSTS file settings also. Inside that configuration file you must have an entry like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

To read more information about the HOSTS file and where it is located in your system, you may check Wikipedia at the following URL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file

Hope this could help other people to fix the issue quickly
Running script but...