NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[Fixed] running PHPExpress on RHEL 3

Hi, I've downloaded the last version of php express but it doesn't run on my linux box! Sad
My distribution is Red Hat Enterprise 3 release 6 with Apache 2.0 and PHP 4.3.2.
I've followed the user guide but when I restart apache and check phpinfo() to see if everithing is ok I cannot found any information
about the fact that php express is running! I've tried to monitoring using phpexpress() function but it doesn't run... so finally I think
that the extension is not correctly loaded.
I made a lot of check to see if I made any mistake but I didn't see anything strange!
I also use other extension like pgsql, odbc and others and they runs ok.... I cannot understand which is the problem!
Should be the PHP version? the version of the extension that I use is phpexpress-php-4.3.so 'cause my PHP version is 4.3.2.
Is this right? Is 4.3.2 version of PHP supported? I cannot found any information about this, not in the FAQ nor in this forum...
So could someone help me, please?

TIA
Domenico
Site Admin

Dear Domenico,
Php 4.3.2 in combination with Apache 2.0 under RHEL 3/x86 is supported.
If possible please send me a) php.ini and b) phpinfo() output using private messaging on this forum.
TIA.

thanks for phpinfo and php.ini you sent me.
It appears that you did not install phpexpress at all.
Please check manual on how to install it.

Smile I've done it right dmitri!
The matter is that on RHEL 3 extensions are loaded in different manner.
There's an external directory (usually /etc/php.d) that is used to store extensions, in this directory the user could create an ini file
to load extension.
My ini file for Phpexpress was:

extension=phpexpress-php-4.3.so

After that I remove that ini file, but when the file exist phpinfo() doesn't report anything about the extension.
I think that php interpreter output could be more interesting:

PHP 4.3.2 (cgi), Copyright (c) 1997-2003 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2003 Zend Technologies

it seems that on RHEL, php comes compiled as CGI..... could be this the real problem?
Site Admin

I'd recommend you to check with Apache, not with php binary which is of course CGI. PhpExpress won't work with CGI php. You need either fastcgi or apache module (libphp4.so), latter one is what RHEL3 installs under Apache by default. This site BTW runs under RHEL3 and phpexpress works too Smile

If you believe you've done everything right and it still does not work for you, please send me phpinfo() and php.ini files again.

we managed to replicate and fixed the problem with that symbol.
fixed version was released yesterday.

we managed to replicate and fix the problem with that symbol.
fixed version was released yesterday.