NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
running ioncube before sftping the files

I plan to buy ioncube to encode my php files before uploading them online (using sftp).

I'd like to know what would be the best way to automate this process inside phped. I looked into the "Integration" option, I created a new menu and I checked "Show this command in Workspace popup/for files and for directory and projects". But I don't find a way to use phped's sftp abilities inside this custom command.

The trick would be to use ioncube by a command line call and then to tell phped to sftp the resulting files online. Is that possible? If not, what would you suggest?

Thanks!
Veteran

Actually, are you sure you want to do that - buy ioncube? Nu-Coder is in beta, we expect the release before the end of the year and I promise you that PhpED customers will have a discount.

yfaktor wrote:
Actually, are you sure you want to do that - buy ioncube? Nu-Coder is in beta, we expect the release before the end of the year and I promise you that PhpED customers will have a discount.

Well, this is interesting, indeed! But I really need an encoder soon... Are you sure it will be out soon? Because I don't want to wait too long like some phped customers waiting for a new Linux version! Wink

Is there a beta I can download somewhere? Is there a features listing? What will be the price? Any domain name linking/protection? Will it be compatible with eaccelerator?

Thanks

also:

http://www.litfuel.net/plush/?postid=95
http://www.litfuel.net/plush/?postid=109
http://www.akbkhome.com/blog.php/View/117/Recovering_encoded_php_files.html

If you have a solution to that, then you'll have a lot of clients for your new product!
Site Admin

Did you see any really working cracks for PhpED? I personally tried most of them (if not all) and IDE sooner or later returned "time is over".
It does not that it can not be cracked. The dilemma is that after some certain time spent, it makes very little sense to continue cracking this one software instead of switching on to another. It's always a challenge. Certainly, if a hacker has non-limited time and have money for his life, nothing would help against him. Fortunately, most of crackers are working in limited conditions, either time or money or both. In this case honest people with their software have good chance, especially if protection is not trivial.

I have to agree that all the softwares I tried that you created are really great: phped, its debugger, nusoap. That's why I'm really interested by this future encoder.

But, if I understand correctly, the problem with any encoder is that it's possible to dump the opcodes to a readable format. Always. I'm not even sure what "dumping the opcodes" means but I think it means wathever protection you apply to your PHP files, it will be possible to decompile them using this technic. Of course the resulting files would have no comment, would have meaningless variable and functions name, etc. But the code will be there.

My point is that I'm now thinking about using an obfuscator rather than an encoder, since the encoder's resulting code can always be reverted to a obfuscated code by the "dumping the opcodes" technic. And obfuscators are way cheaper than encoders. There is also the fact that there is less chance, I think, that a obfuscator's resulting code conflicts with other software like eaccelerator, since it's still valid, plain, not compiled, PHP.

That said, I would be willing to pay for a really good PHP obfuscator and I'm still really curious about your encoder. Can you give us more informations?
Guru master

I've been using Zend Guard as an encoder for my work job, but that's more of a requirement due to us using software that was already Zend Encoded and thus requiring their optimizer. Since we needed to have our own source encoded as well, we decided to go for their solution. So for me it's more a practical requirement. Although Guard both encodes & obfuscates, I have to leave out the obfuscation because part of our code is shared between multiple projects, and either i recode and re-upload everything each change, or I have to exclude all shared objects from obfuscation, neither of which is an acceptable solution for me at this point.

That being said, if your solution works and can co-operate with the one from zend (longshot, i know), I might convince my boss to buy a license too.
If the price is okay, and the license doesn't have to be renewed yearly (like the one from Guard), I'm probably gonna buy it for my own company.
What I dislike most about Zend's policy is that after a year you can't even encode files anymore. I could live with a "no more updates" policy, but that is outrageous, certainly for that price.

Anyway, just my $0.02

PS: If the product is created by the same standards as PHPEd, of which I'm sure, it'll be great! Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

In terms of stability and performance - yes, it's created by the same standards as PhpED. In terms of features, it is the first version and there are only few major features. Commercial licenses will be lifetime. Regarding price, it won't be that high.

dmitri wrote:
In terms of stability and performance - yes, it's created by the same standards as PhpED. In terms of features, it is the first version and there are only few major features. Commercial licenses will be lifetime. Regarding price, it won't be that high.

I love the lifetime part Smile
Guru master

Siema wrote:
I love the lifetime part Smile

Same here hehe. Much better then the yearly renewal from *censored*
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

We need support to run ioncube also just like nu-coder. I dont think we should be forced into using nu-coder if we dont want to.
Guru master

From a marketing point of view that's not really valid. NuSphere has no obligation whatsoever to implement support for other tools than their own.
I'm not saying that support for ioncube wouldn't be handy or something, but you could demand support for all extern tools like that Razz
I for one have a license on Zend Guard, wouldn't mind support for that either Wink
running ioncube before sftping the files