NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
run phpdock as a service...

is there anyway to run php dock as a service? Can't seem to get that to work. Has anyone done that before? Need to have other services on the system interact with it when no one is logged in.

Thanks.n.
Site Admin

If you mean Windows Service, you'd know that services can not interact with display. Old versions of Windows (up to XP) allowed this, but starting with Vista it's prohibited.
But why do you need Windows Service? Just place the executable into Auto Start and it will be started with Windows.

Thanks Dmitri. We are just exploring ways to run a packaged PHP webservice on windows servers w/out the cumbersome task of creating an installer that does Apache, PHP5, etc. The webservice would need to be running in a non-logged in server. Any thoughts? Otherwise, I'm back at my InnoSetup Smile
Site Admin

then I have to say that phpdock is not designed for this case. It's a client (GUI) application, whole idea behind phpdock is to bring browser+server in one package to let user work with something written in php and do this out of the box, without hassle of installing/configuring server and php.

What you need is TechPlatform or Xampp.