NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Run Parameters "Management" or Launch Box Enhancem

Using the IDE, I FLY through my development until I hit the gravel road called "Run Parameters" Wink

Nearly all my projects have no less than 6 or 8 parameters available (usually more), many being 32 characters strings, etc., and its a very tedious process of going in and changing them each time I need to check different things.

Being able to quickly swap out to saved sets rather than using the popup for each one would save me enormous amounts of time!

Alternatively, enhancing the Launch Box by allowing the entries to be Labelled, rather than "filename/Launch n" would make it dramatically easier to take advantage of. Seeing the Get/Post values in a list, rather than a string would be most helpful as well. Smile

I totally agree with gpodesta.

If the request is too challenging, a simple check box to activate the parameters to send would be helpful.

Thank you all. Smile

I saw this as an old request which apparently was never addressed. I am new to PhpED and I see this request as being something that would be very helpful.

Is there any plan to add this kind of functionality?
Guru master

In the Launch Box you can press F2 on a name (eg Launch 1 or Launch 2) and rename it.

I might be missing something, but if I launch a page in for example debug mode, if there is already a debug launch for that page it doesn't create a new one. I cannot see a way of getting PhpED to create multiple debug launches for a single page. So the maximum you get get is 2 launches for each page; one debug and one non-debug.

If I only want multiple debug launches, I can launch the page in non-debug mode which creates a non-debug launch, then I change the properties of that launch to debug (with post/get/etc) and rename it. Each time I want a new launch I do the same thing, then I end up with as many debug launches as I need for a single page, each with a meaningful name.
Run Parameters "Management" or Launch Box Enhancem