NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
*resolved* Debug listener doesn't start

Hi,

I've just installed phpEd 11, but the debug listener doesn't start.

The debugger appears in phpinfo, so it appears to be installed OK, but the listener icon doesn't appear in the system tray when I start the phpEd IDE.

Can anyone tell me what I can check/amend to make the listener start?

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website

Let me just correct myself.

I've just found DbgListener.exe in the process list of Task Manager, so I guess it must be started, although there is still no icon in the system tray like with previous versions of phpEd.

However, it still doesn't connect with Firefox when I try to start a debugging session and when I run the Project Settings wizard, all the checks work up to the debugger check, when it produces the following message:

Error: (-134) debug session did not start (dbg error = -16)

There are also messages in the log window of phpEd saying that the Listener started / adding mapping for port 7869 / UPnP mapping added, but then is says client disconnected.

Any ideas how to get this working are still very welcome.

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm having issues with the newer debugger refusing to load in PHP as module, while previous version works fine still.

Code:

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/dbg-php-5.4.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/dbg-php-5.4.so: undefined symbol: max in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.4.21 (cli) (built: Oct 18 2013 11:18:14)
Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

I also showed the DbgListener.exe running, but the local port was not responding/working, however, I didn't even make it that far, since won't load in PHP on server side.

I've dropped a support ticket to NuSphere about this, and reverted back to PhpED v10 for now, which works perfectly right away.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

skalir wrote:
I'm having issues with the newer debugger refusing to load in PHP as module, while previous version works fine still.

Code:

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/dbg-php-5.4.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/dbg-php-5.4.so: undefined symbol: max in Unknown on line 0

I also showed the DbgListener.exe running, but the local port was not responding/working, however, I didn't even make it that far, since won't load in PHP on server side.

I've dropped a support ticket to NuSphere about this, and reverted back to PhpED v10 for now, which works perfectly right away.

Same issue here with both 5.3 and 5.4 debugger versions

dazzknowles wrote:
skalir wrote:

Code:

Same issue here with both 5.3 and 5.4 debugger versions

I have such problem to with PHP 5.4 version

Today's release of build 11018 has fixed this. Thanks Nusphere Smile

this is still happening to me on 11018 Sad
Site Admin

There are two distinct questions on this thread.
First is "dbglistener" not showing on the task bar. That's true and it's how it is working now. The icon was needed to see just two things -- dbglistener log and settings. DbgListener log is shown in the IDE log winow now. All settings are on tools->settings->run & debug page.
Second issue is "undefined symbol: max". This problem indeed happens on some platforms and I didn't notice it in time because of LAZY flag in dl() function used in php core. So it doesn't trigger until the function is called. This problem is fixed in debugger 6.0.9.

dmitri wrote:
There are two distinct questions on this thread.
Second issue is "undefined symbol: max". This problem indeed happens on some platforms and I didn't notice it in time because of LAZY flag in dl() function used in php core. So it doesn't trigger until the function is called. This problem is fixed in debugger 6.0.9.

thanks for the quick fix and response to my support ticket! excellent work.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

yes this bug fixed

Actually, so, I downloaded the newest debugger zip, and was going to try out the v6.0.9, but it's not in there, the zip still contains v6.0.8 with the broken module issues. Please correct the download. Support responded saying they had updated it to v6.0.9, but I'm not showing that when I download the zip, I also replied to the ticket indicating this information.

Ah ok, so I didn't know PhpED has a copy of the debuggers within where you installed the program, and that does contain the proper newer version (support just replied to my ticket) and I've confirmed that, so I'll try using the new debugger setup tomorrow and report back, hopefully all goes well! Wink
*resolved* Debug listener doesn't start