NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
*resolved* Crashed on php error

Hello,

phpEd keeps crashing very often when an php error occurs.

I know, I should write to the support, but I cannot create a sample project, because I cannot give away the source code of my project.

The error first occurred a year ago and has not moved away.

I just want to know if someone else is experiencing the error or if you have any ideas how to prevent the crashes.

The setup is:
- current version of php ed (12.0 buidl 12034 - 64bit)
- windows 8.1 (the error also occurred with 8.0)
- the apache webserver is running in a vmware 9.0 with debian 64bit (Linux tux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
- the project sources are hosted on a samba share offered by the linux vmware
(No - I cannot work purley under windows - I cannot work purley under linux - I have desperately tried both, but it does not work out)
- I have created a custom error handler, which displays a strack trace in an huge html table
- php versions: the error occurrs fith 5.4 and 5.5
- browser is firefox
- it is not a hardware problem, because I have bought a new computer in the meantime

When the error occurs, first firefox freezes, then phpEd.

Sometimes phpEd recovers after some time. Most of the time it does not and I kill it.

Do you also expierence this? Do you have any ideas for the cause?

Best regards,

Christian
Guru master

It might not have anything to do with your problem, but if PhpED is asked to output information for a very large object, it can appear to hang for a considerable time (possibly many minutes) before recovering and showing the output.

For example, in the Immediate panel I will sometimes enter an object name and forget to put a method name, press Enter and .... damn, then I can go away and make a cup of coffeee because there is no way to interrupt it. Whilst it is in this hanging state, it does not appear to use much resources and neither does the web server; I wonder what it is doing!

The final output is then sometimes truncated/incomplete and nearly always not useful because the Immediate panel can't cope - PhpED should possibly realise the object is going to be too big and handle it. One of my many dislikes of PhpED Immediate.

Hmm. I have removed the lengthy debug output - now it works fine.

Strange ... but ok!
Site Admin

So it didn't crash, just too large data appeared in the output.
If you have lengthy debug output, insert 0x0A (EOL) symbols to make lines shorter than 300-3000 symbols, or at least uncheck WordWrap in the popup menu for View->Debug Windows->Output window.

Ah - Ok!

Thanks for the info!
*resolved* Crashed on php error