NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Replace Text - Default value for Scope options

When calling the Replace Text dialog using CTRL-R, the Scope options never default to what I would assume to be logical values.

For example, if I have nothing selected and hit CTRL-R, I would expect the scope to be Global. However, if I select a few words or a few lines of text, and then hit CTRL-R, I would expect the scope to be Selected Text automatically, but it's not since the latest build.

That caused me quite a few problems before where I wanted to replace a string of text only for a specific block of text, and ended up replacing it for the whole document, only because I forgot to check the "Selected text" option.

I can't seem to find an option in the Settings to change that behavior. If there is one, could someone please point me to it, and if not, perhaps it would be a great new feature for the next build!

I just noticed that if you select multiple lines of text, then it defauls to Selected text, however if you only select text within a single line, it defaults to Global.

It's better than nothing, but I still think there should be an option in the Settings for this.

Something like...

Replace text - Default to Selected text when:
    Always
    Never
    Only when text is selected
    Only when multiple lines are selected
Replace Text - Default value for Scope options