NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Repeat last search
Veteran

I'd like to see a button in the search results window that, when clicked, will re-run the search, and re-display the results. I use this when finding items, and changing all instances of the found item. I then re-run the search to check i got them all, or after doing some of the changes one day, and the rest the next day etc. (Dreamweaver has this feature).

Also would like multiple search windows (tabs) at the bottom of the screen called "search 1, search 2" etc, and in the search dialog, a drop menu that states:

Send results to: <new search window>, search 1, search 2, ... etc. for each open search window.
What i searched for should be the name of the tab, and, optionally, i should be able to rename it if required, and close the tab when no longer required.

Would also like the ability to rearrange the tabs at the bottom of the screen by dragging them: search, logs, etc. to a different order. At the moment, you can only drag tabs to the right, dragging to the left doesn't work (bug?) and there is no indication of where you are about to drop the tab, or that the tab is even being dragged.

Win7, 64bit
Veteran

Also, the "mark all" button in the search dialog, can this please place a marker next to the line that the found text appears upon, and make it possible to go to prev, next found item, and a button to clear all marked items. Highlighting the found words yellow seems is pointless as the highlight disappears when you click on the editor, meaning you can go to one item, edit it (the reason you searched for it in the first place), then you need to re-search to re-mark the others.

"Textpad" has a great example of how markers can be used to "mark all".
Veteran

Also, the ability to right-click in the search results pane, and choose "expand / collapse all" would be useful.

With the replace, it would be a good idea if the replace dialog didnt close, so i could click "find next", to find the next item to be replaced, then click another button "replace" which would replace the found item.

Ideally, there would be an option tick box on the dialog called "go to next found item after replace", so it would jump to the next item to be replaced after clicking replace, if option is selected.

How many times have i done a replace, clicked F3 and then realized that i've been replacing the wrong text because i forgot to tick "whole word only" or "case sensitive" options, gerrr...

After doing a "replace in files", please open the files that were changed, and DO NOT save the changes, please show that was changed in the "search results" tab, or a "replace results" tab. Then i can go through the replace results and check it all, rather than guess if i got the replace criteria correct (whole word, etc.) mistakes happen Sad
Site Admin

joeb wrote:
Ideally, there would be an option tick box on the dialog called "go to next found item after replace", so it would jump to the next item to be replaced after clicking replace, if option is selected.

Check "Prompt on replace" then click [Replace All] button.

joeb wrote:
and make it possible to go to prev, next found item

F3/Shift-F3 are already there from the beginning.

joeb wrote:
and a button to clear all marked items

Clear is not needed. Text should remain marked until you run another search or start modifying.
In present build mouse click also clears, and this is not what I like too. We'll try to fix it.

dmitri wrote:
Check "Prompt on replace" then click [Replace All] button.

I have done this now, and the prompt comes up asking me if i would like to replace, as expected. Trouble is it is modal, so i cant scroll the code in the background to examine the context of the replace Rolling Eyes
Also, the popup jumps all over the screen- this is silly- i can position the box myself, i dont need the program to do this.
Veteran

Bump, really need a "repeat last search" feature.
Site Admin

maybe it's not as comfortable as with non-modal replace dialog, but you can press cancel (or esc) to supress the dialog, scroll & check the code, then press F3 to continue with replace.