NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
reopen closed files.
Veteran

I think it would be good if you could right-click on the file tab bar, and "reopen closed tab", like in google chrome.

I know the files are in the 'recent files' list, but im just so used to the chrome way of doing it.

I'm also in love with chrome's "recently closed" list Very Happy

+1
Site Admin

see Worksets feature.

I use worksets for, well, worksets.

I would like a "reopen last file" so when i accidentally close a file, i can reopen it easily without searching for it in the recent files list.
Site Admin

you don't have to search for it. Last file will be on top in the recent file list

I know that
Any change of actually adding some of the features that people are asking for, rather than just making alternative suggestions? If not, its probably best if you close the suggestions and features request forum as your just pissing off your customers.
Site Admin

If you want your request to be impelemnted you have to explain why your request is better than the functionality we already have.

Because this is in google chrome, and i love it. Its quick, convenient, and makes reopening a closed file much faster than several menu clicks to do it as its currently implemented.

PHPEd markets itself on its ability to be faster than the competitors; This change would make it faster to reopen a 'closed by accident' file.
Site Admin

I don't think that pinning all "your" files is so convenient.
For example I myself often work with 30-40 files then may switch to another part. Pinning them all then unpinning would be just waste of time -- I judge from my own perspectives. I prefer to find files in subdirectories that I know well. In case of PhpED you can do the same - in Workspace or in Explorer. Latter has [Favorites] dropdown that may help you jump between directories faster.

Last edited by dmitri on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

But that isnt what im asking for, i would like to REOPEN a file that has just been closed by right-clicking in the tabed files area and choosing "reopen closed file".

How hard can it be to store the last closed file in a stack and push / pop file names to it?!

Code:

if( file closed )
{
    szClosedFileName = GetFilenameOfFileThatIsBeingClosed();
    ClosedFileStackPush( szClosedFileName );
    CloseFile( szClosedFileName );
}

If( right-click on tab area, and popup menu selection == "reopen last file" )
{
    szClosedFileName = ClosedFileStackPop();
    if( szClosedFileName != FALSE )
    {
        OpenFile( szClosedFileName );
    }
}

So simple!
Site Admin

All files that you ever open appear in RECENT FILES dropdown (except very old that got beyound the limit of the list), right?
If so, do you mean that what you need is just a shortcut to re-open all files shown in this list?
If not, please explain what's the difference.

This is such a simple concept, i'm fed up of explaining it.

I've explained it above perfectly well. To see what i mean, download and install google chrome. Close a tag and reopen it using right-click.
reopen closed files.