NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
remote mapping

Hello,

I have bought PhpEd.

I have a workspace with 3 projects. My library project won't map to the library on the server.

When I try to debug any PHP file in the library I get:

Dbg mapping Failed to map "/usr/local/lib/php/Zend/Loader.php" remote file to publishing account. Check mapping settings for the project 15:53:41

My project is mapped to:

Remote root dir: /usr/local/lib/php/

And my project has Zend inside it.

Help!!

monk.e.boy

If I have 3 projects and they all publish to different places on the server, does they effect each other?

Only one of my projects points to the apache public directory, so the 'root URL' does not apply for the Zend library - what to I put in this box?

I am so confused.

I end up on this forum every time I create a new workspace Sad sorry.

monk.e.boy
Site Admin

even if you have multiple projects in the same workspace, they work independently and only one of them can be active at a time. Only mappings that you have in the active project are in the effect.
Regarding settings themselves, it was discussed many times, please read there
mini-faq-t2115.html
and there
http://www.nusphere.com/kb/remote_debugging.htm
setting-up-dirs-not-under-docroot-t4961.html#20400

If after reading that posts you still can't get mapping to work, please contact support and they will kindly help you in the same day.

dmitri wrote:
even if you have multiple projects in the same workspace, they work independently and only one of them can be active at a time. Only mappings that you have in the active project are in the effect.
Regarding settings themselves, it was discussed many times, please read there
mini-faq-t2115.html
and there
http://www.nusphere.com/kb/remote_debugging.htm
setting-up-dirs-not-under-docroot-t4961.html#20400

If after reading that posts you still can't get mapping to work, please contact support and they will kindly help you in the same day.

Dmitri,

Thanks for the reply. After I posted the question I went home and had some beers, then it hit me. Each project has a 'mapping' tab so I fiddled round in that and got it working.

I really think that having to specify the mapping in each project, then repeat this info in the Active project is confusing and is a bug. Like you said in your post "it was discussed many times, please read there" so lots of people must have this problem.

I find it confusing that the FTP mappings are set in the projects. Yet the debug mappings are set in the active project. That doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, other than that confusion Smile everything is good

And let me say, even if there are little GUI niggles and bugs, at least you are here Dmitri, to help us out Smile

monk.e.boy

OK, this is what I've done to get Zend Framework working on my machine:

Create a new workspace.

Add 3 projects:

1: ZF Library, point this at /usr/local/lib/php/, inside the project are 2 directories, Zend and MyLibrary
2: zf-application, points to /var/www/ZF-apps/, this has my application in it (bootstrap, config.ini, controllers, models etc...)
3: public points to /var/www/html/, this has index.php in it + css + images + .htaccess (you may want to point yours to: /var/www/html/app/)

Set project 3, 'public' to active (use right click menu)
Copy all the settings for 1 and 2 into the 'mapping' tab for the active project (i.e. 3)

Download the firefox NuSphere debug toolbar. Browse to the index.php and click the debug button Smile

Hope that helps someone else Smile

monk.e.boy
remote mapping