NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Remote Debugging w/encoded PHP files
Veteran

Hi,

Just a quick question: is there some special options to use the remote debugging with encoded files ?

'Cause I encoded PHP files (with option "Preserve extended info for debugging/profiling), uploaded them on a remote server.
Then, when I want to debug a remote file, PhpEd fails to map the encoded file with the local file (since it does not decode the file before comparing them).
Still the debugging seems to work (I can see the variables) but I can't follow the code since it appears encrypted.

What should I do ??

Thanks a lot in advance, I'm sure you'll find a way to help me !
Veteran

There is nothing special about the mapping of encoded files - the rules are the same and if the mapping is correct it should just work. Did you use dbg-wizard for mapping by any chance? Many thanks!
Veteran

Well, it's really strange then, because, for the same project, when I try debugging non-encoded files, the mapping works well and I can debug the page without any problem.
But for an encoded page, a window comes up with a transliteration issue (of course because PhpEd tries to debug the encoded file without decoding it).

I tried to add the phpExpress module in my local PHP (I checked that it was taken into account with phpinfo), but it still doesn't work.

Can u help me ? Do you have an idea of the problem ?

Thanks a lot in advance ! Remote debugging is a real huge idea, which saves me a lot of time...
Veteran

For the record:
I'm using PhpEd 5.025 / PHP 5.2
Local machine is Windows
Remote server is Linux

A few precisions that may help you:
When phpEd show the window with the transliteration issue, I click 'cancel', then another window called 'Loads xxx' with the filename appears.
Then I have to click again on 'cancel' because PhpEd window get stucked in the middle of the progression and finally I have a new tab with '[unmapped remote file] xxx' with the ENCODED file content...
Site Admin

There is no way to decode sources. The file contains bytecodes and only bytecodes known to php. It's like EXE file that contains only bytecodes known to CPU (pentium for example) and you can never get the original source from the exe.
If during debug session IDE can't find local sources, it ask the debugger for the remote one and gets encoded content.
PLEASE CHECK THE MAPPING SETTINGS. There are no other sources for the problem your experienced.

Sorry, Dmitri, you were right (as always) !! It was a problem with the mapping settings.

I thought the mapping was good, since when I worked with a non-encoded file I saw the source code, but actually I didn't notice that it was the remote source file that I was seeing and not the local one.

My mistake was the 'run mode' option wich was set to local web server and not 3d party WEB server...

Sorry again for the trouble.
[resolved] Remote Debugging w/encoded PHP files