NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Remote debugging Vista/Linux/Apache

Hi All,

NuSphere seems to be a great tool, if only i could make it work... I'm straggling with setup for about 24 hours and feel like ready to give up. I suspect that now I have addressed all the prerequisites of remote debugging, however I'm still unable to get it working. When I create new project, everything checks out fine, however I do receive a "Warning: (-51) debug session is not checked".
When I attempt to debug within project and set breakpoints in php functions (php files within Vista project folders), debug session does not recognize them and just skips over. When I load URLs, I just can't get to the source codes to place breaks, and outputs are not helpful. Debug sessions kicked off within projects won't start, would just hang for a while an come back with nothing. Debugging via IE tool bar does not work either. The same as within the tool itself, it hangs for sometime, and than states that it is unable to start the debug session.
I ran out of things to try. Among those, - local testing with internal server (setup seems to be too complicated for my substantially sized apps), Apache setup on Vista (for whatever reason, could not set it up and make it work, won't even locate php.ini, same as with IIS).
I assume 24 hours is not much, and I am ok with giving it some more time, so please give me some guidance.

Thanks,
Oleg

I had similar problems. Fixed by editing my router in my client office:

Port Range Forwarding:
Start End Protocol IP Address
7869 7869 Both 192.168.1.yourclientIPhere

Also test with Firewalls disabled to see if that helps.

Good luck. Support at NuSphere was very helpful to me.

Thanks for the tip. Verified the range, disabled firewall, tested, - no change in behavior..., any other ideas and/or suggestions?