NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Remote Debugging - how to connect to the client

hello,
im running phped 4.6.3
ive installed dbg on my server and it seems to be installed fine. my phpinfo: http://mywebserver/test.php.
ive put this in my php.ini
extension=dbg.so-5.2.x
[debugger]
debugger.hosts_allow= 207.245.39.2 localhost
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

My dbg listener is running and the port is set to 7869

the problem is i get this error.

DBG 3.1.9

Failed to run DBG session

Reason: failed to connect to the client address 207.245.x*.2:7869
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request: "16116623;d=1,p=0,c=1"
Request found in: "$_COOKIE['DBGSESSID']"
Target PHP version: "5.2.0"
Server API: "Apache"
Extensions API: "220060519"
Modules API: "20060613"
PHP API: "20041225"

x* ive inserted to hide my full ip.

ive looked at a lot of posts and tried a couple of different things but nothing worked. when i try to run with debugger it says to make sure that remote root directory and remote url are correct. the problem is that my remote root directory is greyed out and just automatically takes in whatever is in the root directory field. I ran the wizard which tells me what i need to put into the remote root directory but cant put that into that field its greyed out.

Ive thought about setting up a ssh tunnel but the frist step:
1. run PHPED IDE, open tools->settings, select Debugger tab, uncheck "Auto select host", enter localhost in Debugger host.

i dont have an auto select host option to uncheck.

Please let me know what i can do here in this situation to get this up and running! thanks in advance...and you guys really have an awesome product here!
Site Admin

Quote:
failed to connect to the client address 207.245.x*.2:7869

if you are trying to debug a site located in the Internet, you have to adjust your router to forward incoming debugger connections at 207.245.x*.2:7869 to your client machine or use SSH tunnel.

so i set up ssh tunneling...i go to my site and it opens up nusphere and i run in debugger the file i want to debug but then it says
`failed to start debug session (timeout). please make sure the debugger module is installed on the server that corresponds to http://mywebserver/test.php URL.`
what should i do in this situation...im pretty sure my dbg is installed correctly on the server according to my phpinfo. again my remote root directory in project properties defaults to root directory and i cant change that.

one thing i forgot to mention was that to set up ssh tunnelling it says to have localhost alone in hosts_allow. but then i got the error connection to client x.x.x.x not allowwed. so i added my ip to the list again. Dont know if thats the problem but i wanted to mention that incase it was.
Site Admin

Quote:
but then i got the error connection to client x.x.x.x not allowwed. so i added my ip to the list again

with ssh tunnel you need localhost and only localhost in the hosts_allow. No other ips. Just localhost. Optionally you can add 127.0.0.1 Smile

If you get "blah blah blah is not allowed" it means that you forgot to follow p1 http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-run-debug-session-through-ssh-t580.html
In other words IDE did not use tunnel at all and that's why you got that IP in the error.

1. run PHPED IDE, open tools->settings, select Debugger tab, uncheck "Auto select host", enter localhost in Debugger host.

that option is not available to me...in my debugger tab

Im using putty to setup the ssh tunnel and it seems to connect but is there a way i can test to make sure the tunnel is working the way it should be?

also according to my debugger wizard:
What did I find out about your system
I assume that you placed me in the directory of your main php script and on your PhpED machine pointed your browser to me – like this: <URL of your web site>/dbg-wizard.php

I see that:

PHP Version: 5.2.1
Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/5.2.1 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7f
Server Name: mywebserver
Your Client IP Address: x.x.x.x
Your Server IP Address: x.x.x.x
Port: 80
Your Web Server and PhpED are on different machines
Path to website files: /home/tmscan/public_html/tmscan/
Document Root is: /home/tmscan/public_html/tmscan/
Your PHP.INI file is /usr/local/lib/php.ini
PHP extensions directory is /usr/local/lib/
DBG (PHP DEBUGGER) Version 3.1.9 is INSTALLED

How to setup your PhpED Project Properties
I can suggest the following settings for your Project to debug PHP scripts on Server mywebserver :
You can create new Project by selecting File->New Project or by selecting New Project in the Workspace Pop up Menu
In the Project Properties Dialog set:

Project -> Root Directory:
Select the location where you will store the copies of the files from /home/tmscan/public_html/tmscan/ from your server mywebserver .
Note: if you are using Samba or some other file sharing system, you can simply point Root Directory to /home/tmscan/public_html/tmscan/ instead of copying it

Mapping -> Run Mode: HTTP Mode (3-rd party WEB server)
Mapping -> Remote URL: http://mywebserver/
Mapping -> Remote Root Directory: /home/tmscan/public_html/tmscan/

my remote root directory should be /home/tmscan/public_html/tmscan/ but i cannot change my remote root directory as it is greyed out:

please help!!
Site Admin

sorry the FAQ page was not accurate. I updated it. It should have said that it's "Use custom port and host" and this is to be checked.

The problem is that i cannot even click that option because it is greyed out. I cant figure out why that option is greyed out.
Site Admin

Please double check, the option is never greyed out.

Hi, I have the same problem. This option is grayed out and I can not set up debugger to work with my server. Here is screenshot:

Do you know, what to do with that? Is it a bug? I have NuSphere PhpEd 5.0 standard
Veteran

These are remote debugging options and they are not available in PhpED Standard edition. You can upgrade to Pro version to get these working. Thanks!
[resolved] Remote Debugging - how to connect to the client