NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Refining search in files

Is there a way to have "search in files" ignore certain file extensions and ignore certain directories?

I want to skip .zip and image files and I have several large directories of foreign language files I'd like to ignore.

(If not, please consider this a feature request).
View user's profileFind all posts by BobRaySend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

you can specify file extensions to be searched in, see File Masks input in the Find In Files dialog. It's where you may want to have something like *.php,*.inc,*.tpl,*.html,*.css,*.js

dmitri wrote:
you can specify file extensions to be searched in, see File Masks input in the Find In Files dialog. It's where you may want to have something like *.php,*.inc,*.tpl,*.html,*.css,*.js

Thanks Dmitri. I have so many file types and which combinations I want to search varies a lot but there are some large files that I never want to search. It would be much easier for me if I could exclude some of them semi-permanently in a config setting.

And there are directories in the project I don't want searched and there's no way to do that with the file mask.

Bob
View user's profileFind all posts by BobRaySend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
And there are directories in the project I don't want searched and there's no way to do that with the file mask

you can easily exclude those directories from the project tree by listing their names in the "hide directories" input.
Find In Files won't snoop into those directories either.

Thank you for the trick with the filemasks.

Having all those stupid 'SKIPPED' messages in the log is a waste of time and nearly pointless.

NuSphere should really add a setting to not display those SKIPPED image/archive filetype messages when searching in files.

Also ability to search FTP files for a string would be very useful. My version doesn't seem to do it v5.0

thanks again for the filemask tip i hope it saves it in my search subwindow.
Site Admin

Quote:
Having all those stupid 'SKIPPED' messages in the log is a waste of time and nearly pointless.

without this message, if all the files are updated, you'll see nothing in the transfer window. It will look like the functionality is broken.