NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"redistributables" directory??

I have been trying to get an answer to this to no avail... I recently purchased PHPdock and there is a /redistributables directory in the tree. What is this directory for? The obvious answer I got from support is "to redistribute to your clients". That's great, but how, and why do I need to do that instead of just packaging right off the phpdock root directory? Do I copy the /php and /web directories into /redistributables along with my license file? I don't see the benefit or purpose. There seems to be very little information on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I too would like an answer to this, is anyone from nusphere active here that could answer please?

PhpDock is intended for re-distributing applications written in php. So, among your application, you need php on the target machine. Also you need phpdock engine itself, and finally you may want to add phpexpress to have your php scripts running faster.

Thank you for the reply, but I'm still at a lost. The redistributables directory contains an installer that appears to replicate what has already been installed?

If I remove the redistributables directory, leaving the web and php directories, then surely that is enough to repackage as a new installer?

Kevin
Site Admin

PHP package will install php binary and will NOT touch your scripts/pages/css etc.
and yes, it will replace php binaries installed by the same package or a previous version of it if the destination directory is the same.

Normally, you have to create your own installer where you'll specify what files to install and run php package installer from it.
I do this in iss script like shown below:

Code:
[Files]
Source: redistributables\NuSphere-phpdock-2.0-php5.2.14-Win32.exe; DestDir: {tmp}; Flags: deleteafterinstall ignoreversion
;your web files
;...

[Run]
Filename: {tmp}\NuSphere-phpdock-2.0-php5.2.14-Win32.exe; Parameters: "/SILENT /NOICONS /GROUP=""{groupname}"" /DIR=""{app}\php"" /NOCANCEL"; StatusMsg: "Installing php5 package";

Thank you Dmitri, however we are using a more recent version of PHP which has been unpacked into the ./php directory, therefore I believe the redistributables is not required for us?

Kevin

Redistributables is what you can re-distribute. You don't have to Smile, anyway.