NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
red x's in srv log

I am constantly getting file load failures from my local web server (SRV). In a large group of graphics I almost always see at least one red x. These errors show up in the log with a red x and no response header. I know the files are all there.

Is there some timeout internally in the SRV? I'm running on a slow laptop. I couldn't find any config file for SRV.

This is not just a cosmetic problem. I sometimes have to reload two or three times when the file that didn't load is some .js or .php file.
View user's profileFind all posts by mchahnSend private messageVisit poster's website

If anyone cares, I fixed this by installing apache/php using the tech platform download from here at NuSphere. Not only is everything reliable now, it is much much faster.

Why doesn't nusphere install the free tech platform by default with PhpEd?
View user's profileFind all posts by mchahnSend private messageVisit poster's website

These problems you were experiencing were caused by improper php/apache configuration. I have my own 3rd party local web server, everything loads smooth and nice Smile.

Bye Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website

At first I used the built-in SRV, not Apache, and it has no configuration. As I said, I too have switched to Apache and everything is hunk-dory.

I'd like to hear from NuSphere why they don't use Apache in the PhpEd install. It would have saved me a lot of headaches.
Veteran

It is just the matter of the size of the downloads. TechPaltform is readily available - as you saw and of course recommended, but we are reluctant to push it on everybody installing PhpED. We don't want to make a requirement. Srv does an excellent job in 99% of the cases - even though it is a light weight web server. I am not sure what happened with your image file downloads b'ze we never investigated it
Having sid that, we of course recommend using TechPlatform for the deployment on Windows anyway - we just updated it and will include PHP5 in it pretty soon. PHP5 binaries are available from www.nusphere.com any way already

Thanks for the tip. I've downloaded php 5. I need some help though getting Apache in the tech platform to switch to the new php 5 I downloaded from your site.

I moved the php5 folder from C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped to C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache. Then I changed "LoadModule php4_module php/php4apache2.dll" to "LoadModule php5_module php5/php5apache2.dll" in the apache conf file. Now apache won't start. It flashes the dos window too fast for me to see the error and I can't find anything in an error log. Can you give me a hand?

Speaking the the tech platform, I posted a message somewhere else asking what login and password to use to get into my local adminsite. I've gotten no reply yet. Can you give me a hint?
Site Admin

TechPlatform 5.0 comes with php5 + apache 2.2
enjoy Smile

Thanks mucho. I'll give it a try.
red x's in srv log