NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
question about using embedded browser?

when I use embedded browser to debug web page, when I click a link, the link is opened out of embedded browser, so I can not debug continuely.
how to resolve it?
Guru master

What's the target of the link set to? If it is _blank and you use embedded Internet Explorer then it will open an external browser window and it is probably Internet Explorer doing that, not PhpED. I find embedded Mozilla does not work with links set to target _blank.

For links without target, I find the embedded browsers seem to work fine and use just a single window.

I do all my debugging using an external browser window, which means I can then access all the browser developer tools. It also means that the debugging session will continue with target _blank because the debug cookie is available to all browser windows.

how to use external browser to debug in phped?
Guru master

Uses Tools > Default Browser and select an external browser instead of embedded. Mine has 7 of the most common browsers in there.

When you first start a project in debug mode (F9) the external browser will be started for you.

When you change your code and want to test the change you do not have to F9 again, you can just refresh the browser window; the cookie will keep you in debug mode.

thanks,phped is perfect!
question about using embedded browser?