NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Question about shortcut keys

Hello,

I purchased PhpED a few days ago and I'm trying to switch over from EditPlus. I've been trying to find as many answers in the manuals and forums, etc, but I have a little list of issues that I'm still trying to resolve.

1. Is there a way to Find & Replace blocks of text, as opposed to the single line text box that is available in the Replace dialog box?
Arrow I just found the thread explaining how PhpED doesn't support multi-line replace. Needless to say I voted for it, but I'm thinking that I need to review the way I code if I'm using it that often. I usually use it for HTML, so the more comprehensive solution would be to use EditPlus for that when the need arises, but try and templatize as much as possible so I won't have as many files to replace in. More OOP, CSS and templatization would probably reduce my dependence on multi-line replace... with the added benefit of cleaner, more flexible and reusable code. (Now let's see if I heed my own advice. Wink )

2. I navigate the open file windows with [ALT+Arrow Left/Right] and [Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab] and I'm starting to get used to the Workspace tab hover / slide-out tool on the left, and the 'Window' file menu [ALT,W] (which replaces the EditPlus F11 file list)... The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to switch back and fourth between two non-adjacent file windows. In EditPlus you could switch back between the two most recently viewed files with F12. Is this possible in PhpED?

I'm sorry if any of these are in the manual. I just haven't found them or looked hard enough if they are.

Aside from retraining my muscle memory from the EditPlus shortcuts and key combos I've been using for 8 years, PhpED seems like it is really going to be a big step up and a major time/headache saver for my development work. I didn't know what I was missing until I started looking for a "PHP IDE" last week. Why didn't I do this sooner? Smile

My compliments to Dmitri and the rest of the team at NuSphere. An amazing (and astonishingly practical and useful) piece of software. Thank you!

-Steve
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Is there a way to Find & Replace blocks of text, as opposed to the single line text box that is available in the Replace dialog box?

no, there is no way. But this feature is in our plans.

Quote:
2. I navigate the open file windows with [ALT+Arrow Left/Right] and [Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab] and I'm starting to get used to the Workspace tab hover / slide-out tool on the left, and the 'Window' file menu [ALT,W] (which replaces the EditPlus F11 file list)... The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to switch back and fourth between two non-adjacent file windows. In EditPlus you could switch back between the two most recently viewed files with F12. Is this possible in PhpED?

It's discussed as Visial Studio or MDI alike switching between editor windows.
No it's not supported but this feature is also planned.

Quote:
My compliments to Dmitri and the rest of the team at NuSphere. An amazing (and astonishingly practical and useful) piece of software. Thank you!

Thank you and many thanks to all our customers who put their faith and confidence into our products