NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
projects, includes, and code completion

i read the sticky about setting up a project with scripts outside the web tree and another thread about including folders above the root in a project, but i'm either too dumb to see it, or the answer to my question is not in either of those topics, so here goes...

i guess the nutshell version of my question would be: is it possible for code completion to parse include files that are outside the scope of the current project?.

or put another way: would it be possible for code completion to parse include files based on php.ini rather than on their explicit inclusion in the current project?

what i would like to be able to do is to develop a library of common include files that sit in a directory outside the web tree and be able to include arbitrary files from that library in multiple projects.

the library itself would be a project.

so it would look something like this:

Code:
workspace
   php-library
      class-file.php

project1
      index1.php

project2
      index2.php

if the php-library is at c:\php-library and my php.ini includes c:\php-library in its include path, then index1.php and index2.php can both have:
Code:
include ('class-file.php');

obviously this works fine in terms of both index1 and index2 being able to include class-file.php. what doesn't work is code completion for entities defined in class-file when editing index1 or index2.

sorry if i'm being long-winded, but this is looping my mind a little bit and i want to make my question as clear as possible.

the reason that i don't want to have to include the file class-file.php in both project1 and project2 is because i only want one version of class-file.php to exist (for maintenance reasons).

but i also want project1 and project2 and php-library to be separate projects because they are separate projects and their source code trees need to be kept modular and separable.

does that make sense?
Site Admin

Hi,
everything you wrote makes sense and I believe we'll support inter-project relations in the near future. Meanwhile (v3.3.x) the only way is to keep the projects alltogether, e.g. create one project that will contain php-library, project1 and project2 as directories.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
projects, includes, and code completion