NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
project-specific editor settings (use tab characters)

I am working in IT outsource company, we have different clients with different rules for code style. My problem is that for one project we must use tabs for indent, in other spaces. I am switching from project to project several times per day and it takes time for me to check and replace tabs to spaces or backwards + toggle "use tab character" setting value. I think this setting and maybe a few others like "Keep trailing blanks", "spaces in tab", "block indent" and others which affect source code, may be specific for project and maybe even can be moved to other settings group or menu (just an idea).

But my main question is - could you make it possible to add a "Project-specific editor settings" the same way as you have in project settings "Parser" tab where I can override default parser settings?

Dmitri
Veteran

+1 for that. I'm often working with code from my customers or from some open source project, and every time I have to switch these settings in order to follow the respective coding style. Being able to store this in the project settings would be really nice.

Cheers,
Jan

This is also the case for me. Specifically, I work FT with Drupal and I work PT with CakePHP and, occasionally, with my own projects. I actually have my customers setup with each warranting their own workspace and then each site is a specific project. If you couldn't do per-project settings for some reason, I believe per-workspace should also be acceptable.

This is a reasonable, and common, feature desired by developers working with multiple clients.

That would be a nice improvement...

+1

+1 from me.
Although it would be nice to see a full featured sophisticated code style configurator at last, in phped options. Where the braces should be placed, where whitespaces, whether on new line or not, etc. etc. This is so common nowadays.
About to be a deal breaker

I have used PHPed for many years and love it. I have worked my around this feature for a long time, however, it is starting to become a deal breaker.

+++1 Please include this feature soon.

I was hoping that PHP Frameworks support in phpEd would finally bring this functionality. But it wasn't. So I'd like to give this feature a bump.

I've been using phpEd for years now and still every now and then I forget to switch to spaces or tabs when switching projects.

A feature releated to this (and absolutely related to the original feature request): some editors offer to only "Keep trailing blanks" on changed lines. As phpEd knows which lines I've edited (with the yellow line in the gutter), I suppose it's not a really big deal to provide such a feature.

Thanks! I still like the editor more than any other editor around!

I'd love to see this feature in the next update. I often work with different teams and it happens so often that I forget to switch the setting.
project-specific editor settings (use tab characters)