NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Profiling remote API calls

Hi,
is there away to profile a remote API call made with Postman or other tools?

I want to debug Magento API that lately slowed down a lot.

Perhaps I can do this by adding a special header to the request I do with Postman?

Tnx
Site Admin

Did you try regular profiler?
Yes it's possible to profile a particular API like what we do with SQL drivers, but it's way trickier and would require significant efforts.

Hi Dmitri,
How can I do with regular profiler? I need to send a Put request with a certain http body and some auth. headers to the remote endpoint. Is it possible to do this with phped and run settings?

it seems that with "Run parameters" I cannot set neither PUT parameters nor HTTP Headers. Moreover I cannot make a request to a "virtual endpoint" like /en/index.php/rest/all/V1/products/407011.2105 not matched by a physical script
Site Admin

Suppose you have page_a accessible with GET and page_b accessible with PUT and page_a has necessary arrangements to call page_b such as url and push button. In this case you just with profiling page_a and proceed to page_b by clicking on that button. Profiler keeps working as long as debug session is enabled. This session is DBGSESSID cookie that debugger always issues if original request has "c=1" flag (similar to d=1 which stands for debugger and p=1 which stands for profiler) http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/faq_dbg_related.htm#2

I think I still have the same problem if I create a such page on the destination host. As far as I know there is no way (with a link/form) to make a PUT request and set some special headers. this is doable with curl or other similar libraries.

If I add the DBGSESSID parameter/values to the PUT request sent via curl to the destination host, do I have any hope it could work?
Site Admin

You don't have to alter PUT at all. It would be enough if you supply COOKIE header and/or GET argument in the URL -- in either case with DBGSESSID variable with corresponding debugger request