NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problems with detached Log window / search results

Hi,

I like to undock the Log window and place it on my second screen (on the left of the main screen - that may be important / negative offsets?) .

The first issue I have with v 4.0.1 build 4048 is that when I minimize PhpEd or if I close/reopen the app, the detached log windows will restore on the main screen instead of the left screen. I am pretty sure this was working right with v 4.0.0 and I am positive I was working fine with 3.3.

The second issue is that if I *close* the Log window and then run a search, the window will reopen (in the correct position on the left) - so far so good - and I can click on lines to highlight the matching source in the main window - still good - BUT then I cannot put the focus/cursor into the main window and make a change!! (The log results behaves like a modal window)

What I have to do is to first *close* the log window again. At that time I'll see the "Process finished" dialog box appear! I click OK, and suddenly the Log window appears again and then it behaves normally (not modal).

Finally, this is a minor issue, but would it be possible to disable the "Process finished" dialog box? I never read it, I only look at the log window. It's just an extra click for me... (maybe a checkbox saying "[] don't show this dialog again" ?)

Thanks.

thanks for the report.

regarding "modal" behavior of the Log window, I can't replicate it. It always passes focus to the editor upon a double click on its line.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Actually, the log window only appears to be modal as long as the "process finished" window hasn't appeared.

The real issue I think is: how to replicate the fact that the "process finished" dialog doesn't appear until I close the detached log view. And I know I'm not even supposed to be able to click the Log window until the process is finished and I click OK on the process finished windows. It just happens... I don't know how :]

Once I have clicked on OK in the "process finished" dialog, I never have any problem.

BTW, while we're talking about it, there is a little feature I'm missing when "passing the focus to the editor". In addition to highligthing the whole line, would it be possible to preselect the found text instead of just placing the cursor at the beginning?

I have checked "Found text as selection" in the options but that doesn't help. (Can't figure out what it does)

Why I would like that: It almost never happens that I want to type text at the beginning of the found text. But it happens quite often that I want to paste/replace it with something else after checking the context (This method gives me more lattitude to check the context (someties in multiple places/files) than when using "prompt on replace" on a replace operation).