NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problems Activating php_ldap.dll Extension

I was having problems enabling the php_ldap.dll extension on Windows in the TechPlatform Apache+PHP install.

Though the file was there, PHP kept saying that the specified module could not be found. All my paths were correct. Every other module loaded just fine just by enabling its loader line in the php.ini file.

The PHP docs mention that on Windows the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll files must be in the PATH. The TechPlatform does add the C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\php directory to the PATH. But in that directory those specific files names are not present.

So I tried copying what appeared to be the correct DLL files to the names that the docs mentioned:

libeay32-1.0.0d.dll ==> libeay32.dll
ssleay32-1.0.0d.dll ==> ssleay32.dll

After copying the files, the php_ldap.dll extension loaded correctly. Very Happy
Site Admin

> The PHP docs mention that on Windows the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll files must be in the PATH
I strongly suggest you NEVER follow this advice.
Many programs will stop working if you do this.
Look: programs depend on openssl and use particular version of these two dlls. If you supply wrong version through the PATH, they will most definitely crash.
Some software install these dlls to system32 or windows directory. The result is the same -- many crashes in various programs (depending on openssl).

With php_ldap.dll in techplatofrm, this dll requires fixes. It depends on SSLEAY32.dll and LIBEAY32.dll while it should depend on ssleay32-1.0.0d.dll and libeay32-1.0.0d.dll respectively. You can't change this. We can (and will fix this in a future update)

Thanks, dmitri!
Problems Activating php_ldap.dll Extension