NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problem with JavaScript

I'm trying to write a block of JavaScript, but I cannot do it, since PhpED hang every single time I try to do it. This is very annoying.

Code:
<div>
  some content
  <script type="text/javascript">
    $j(document).ready(...)
  </script>
</div>

PhpED hangs every time on the point when I'm typing the word "ready". It start to think of something even when typing (

I've turned all code completion off, but it didn't matter. I'm running PhpED 6.1 (Build 6110) on Window 7 64bit Ultimate with 4 gigs of RAM. I'm not buying that my computer is too old or slow to run PhpEd.

Oh, after waiting like five minutes, it decided finally to work. Please, fix the performance issues.
Guru master

How big is your project? I've just done a force refresh on a Drupal project and that took less than 10 seconds, whilst my backup was running.

If the problem is consistent, there might be something in your project files that is bringing out a PhpED bug.

If $j refers to a public JavaScript library then it might be worth mentioning what that library is so that others can see if they also have problems.

I've done a load of JavaScript work today and I didn't have any issues with PhpED. In fact, it is due to the v6 support that I even used PhpED.
Site Admin

Airspray wrote:
It start to think of something even when typing

IDE collects data to show code completion popup after some certain characters typed - see Tools->Settings->Code Completion->Min Characters

Airspray wrote:
I've turned all code completion off, but it didn't matter

Hmm. As of build 6110, it should certainly help. Did you disable code completion on JavaScript tab? All the items here?

plugnplay is correct, everything depends on the project size. For small ones, js CC works very fast, for huge it may take much longer. We work hard to make the performance better, but it's not that easy. Hope a soltion will be developed soon.