NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problem with installation PHP DBG on FreeBSD system

System doesn't allow for installation of ' dbg.so-5.2.x' beacuse in an official database of applications for FreeBSD its marked as unstable or working bad:

The DBG Php Debugger is a comprehensive software tool that helps you debugging your php scripts.

WWW: http://www.php-debugger.com/dbg/
sailor# portinstall php-dbg
** Port marked as IGNORE: devel/php-dbg:
is marked as broken: Does not compile

Can you help me to find solution?

Last edited by jacekq on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

Probably, you mean free version of debugger. Yep, it's not compatible with php-5.2.x and I am aware of this problem.
If on the other hand you need to work with NuSphere PhpED, it comes with commercial version of debugger which is fully compatible with FreeBSD. Corresponding modules can be found in debugger\server\FreeBSD subdirectory.

I've got license for PHPEd so I've tried to install files: dbg-3.1.9-FreeBSD-4.11-ssl.tar.gz or dbg-3.1.9-FreeBSD-4.11.tar.gz.
Error message concerns above...
Site Admin

I'm not sure I got you. Did you get any error messages after debugger was installed? What are they if so?

Dimitri,

You were right - my first post was caused by improper DBG module. Now, I've managed to install DBG (SSL) from my PHPEd and server doesn't report any errors.
But I've another problem. All seems to be OK but dbg-wizard reports that DBG module is not inastalled.
Pls take a look at:

Any suggestion?
Site Admin

Regular debugger as well as any other pre-compiled php module won't work under php which API is modified by HardeningPHP patch. Please read HardeningPHP FAQ.