NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Problem with install...

I had a previous version of the platform which had a major bug. I downloaded the latest version & now it will not install. I get the following error "Terminating on signal SIGALRM(14)". Exactly what error is that and how do I correct it?

I get that message after either Quick or Custom Install.

Thanks,

Bill Strong
Site Admin

What platform does your server run ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I am running it on Windows XP Pro. The previous install had a really wierd quirk. I made a particular PHP & it would not view it properly. I was experimenting with sessions and forwarding values from forms and the values kept getting lost while using your emulator. When I uploaded & tested on the web, everything worked as expected. Any ideas what that error message was and how to get around it?
Site Admin

Okay, you run your server on XP. Great.
Accoding to your description you installed TechPlatform on it and ran a particular php script that uses php sessions and process values passed from fron-end html form(s). I got it.
Now would you please tell what problem did you get ? Any errors were shown or what ?

Regarding SIGALRM(14), where did you get the trouble ? What did you run ? Please be more descriptive.

TIA.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Regarding the php error, it just plain would not pass any variables. Only blank info where the data was to be displayed.

The error I received "Terminating on signal SIGALRM(14)" was upon attempt at installing the latest platform in either custom or quick install. The browser refreshed and I saw the nusphere logo on the left, a small banner across the top that stated that it was installing... and in the first available white area below that is where the error appeared & the installer stopped at that point & will not install.

Are you sure you use remote WEB server or local SRV? And also try accessing parameters by $_GET and $_POST or $_REQUEST as by default configuration they are not exported to globals (while it might be so on your hoster's php configuration)
View user's profileFind all posts by netgertSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

to netgert:
nope, seems WRStrong got a problem during installation, far before any use of it. It looks like he has a pre-installed perl and probably there is a kind of conflict with perl used by TP during installation.

Anyway, I'd recommend to try TP 3.2 which uses native installer.
Problem with install...