NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Preventing Certain Debug Sessions from Starting in Project

OK, this for me has been a significant annoyance/time waster so hopefully I do a good enough explanation about the issue.

The general problem is that I'll start a debugging session (the primary one) and at the end of it, other PHP scripts get called that then start their own debugging sessions (even though I only care about the first one...the other 3 or 4 that get started are just utility scripts that I do not care about...they just cause an annoyance because it interrupts the flow of things and just makes the debug process longer for me). What I'd like to be able to do is during the first run of these other scripts I'd like to tell phpEd "No, do not bother me with these particular scripts again in a debugging session" after my primary debugging session finishes. I don't even want them to start a debug session...I just want them ignored completely.

So here's the scenario I've run into:
When debugging certain Joomla projects, which contain customized templates from a commercial template club, the template includes a number of PHP scripts that will include and concatenate the templates various CSS and JavaScript files and GZIP them.

So when I begin debuggin my Joomla project (starting the debugging within index.php) the script will run through its paces, but then when index.php has finished its debugging session, these other PHP scripts that do the concatenation for the CSS and JavaScript files start their own session and the debugger stops at each of their first lines (so this happens for 3-4 scripts). I already know that these PHP scripts for the CSS and JavaScript have no bearing on my work and I really do not care to have the debug session start for any of them.

At the moment I really do not see any capability for excluding any files within a project from starting a debug session so that's basically what my feature request would be...having the ability to exclude certain files from starting up a debug session on a per-project basis.

It might not be a big problem for most people, but when you do encounter it your productivity can be reduced substantially just from the extra clicks/wait times it introduces.

Thank you!
Preventing Certain Debug Sessions from Starting in Project