NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Prado support

Hi,
I want to relaunch the debate arround Prado framework support. I already read all posts about prado, and it seems that phpEd dev team does not understand well the requirement.

In fact, things are really easy.

Prado pages are described by TWO files (I'm describing the general case): *.PHP and *.PAGE

For *.PHP files:
The *.php file is really a standard php file with objects and methods, nothing else. If we create a project in phpEd that integrate Prado framework, code completion works fine. Nothing to add. (more later).

for *.PAGE files:
*.PAGE files are special XML template files. These templates describe the page layout. In each page, in order to insert a component, for example a Button or any CONTROL instance, items are referred to by a name space notation. for example to insert a button we use

Code:

<html>
  <body>
    <com:TForm>
      <com:TButton Text="Click me" OnClick="buttonClicked" />
    </com:TForm>
  </body>
</html>

here, to insert :
- a button we used the TAG <com:TButton> </com:TButton>
- a form we used the TAG <com:TForm></com:TForm>

com stands for COMPONENTS name space.

like in HTML each tag (component tag) has its own attributes. for example a button has Text and onClick .... the onClick in the previous example is assigned a value "buttonClicked". That means that in the *.PHP file associated to this *.PAGE file we will have a method named buttonClicked that will response to click event of this button :

Code:

class Home extends TPage
{
    public function buttonClicked($sender,$param)
    {
        // $sender se rapporte au composant bouton
        $sender->Text="Hello World!";
    }
}

Well, if full prado support is not possible (link between *.php and *.page files) it would be at least very interresting if we can define (like in Dreamweaver) a set of TAGS and their POSSIBLE (authorised) attributes in code completion. for example for button we can define the tag as :

<com:TButton> and its attributes "Text;OnClick, .....;"

in PhpED it does not seem to be possible to add TAGS definitions and their authorised attributes even in XML files. This can be really a great addition to XML editor and can make it easily as *.PAGE editor for Prado framework.

Regards
octal
Veteran

Hi ...

Maby I will write something here. I work with Prado every day and support of it in PhpED would be really great feature. I could pay even eg. $40 more for that in any my next maintance, but ... lets talk about func.rel config file.

Example in func.rel:
<com:TActiveButton imgindex="98" autoclose="0" changecase="0"/>
... and many like that

Please look at this image: http://io2o.com/PradoIsPossible.jpg

As You can see there is possible code completion for it. But above example has one issue. After pressing ":" code completion dissapieard.

And if we add also in func.rel lines:
<TActiveButton imgindex="98" autoclose="0" changecase="0"/>
... and many like that

Then there is possible even like on a follow image:

http://io2o.com/PradoWithoutCom.jpg

So finally there is possible also to make code completion for Prado's attributes, like that:

http://io2o.com/PradoAttributesIsAlsoPossib.jpg

And even values for attributes:

http://io2o.com/AttrValuesInPrado.jpg

Isnt it possible?

For this solution there are needed only possible to code completion after ":" and define for all Prado elements (but this is I think the main goal - there is many tags ant attributes to implement and in fact in my opinion this is only the reason why there are no code completion for Prado). For myself I have implemented support to all of Prado tags and about 30% of attributes (manly used by me). Someone want to help in that point? Razz I had to write scripts to parse Prado documentation for get all of attributes and its values (or/and tags) but I have no time for it now. Razz

Second point in fact ... relations between Home.php and Home.page (or Home.tpl) could be problematic, but really is possible. So who else want to see it in PhpED?

There are no other application which could support Prado and code completion for it. Maby PhpED? This point will be strong for this IDE.

Regards, ML, Poland

I and many other people would highly appreciate if you make your config (phped.rel?) that supports Prado available online.

Regarding colon, we'll check if it's possible to make the IDE working smoother.

Ok. I will make some updates and will publish it.

So be patient by a few days I will try to implement all of attributes ant its values.

dmitri - two questions

How to implement attribute's descritpions?

[HTML.Attributes] section of phped.rel file seems to not takes effect in any of listed attributes.

Does the file "func.cfg" is still using by PhpED?

Regards, ML

Quote:
Does the file "func.cfg" is still using by PhpED?

I believe it's still used and what you see in the Functions tab is func.cfg content.
It also participate in the code completion for HTML and PHP.

Quote:
[HTML.Attributes] section of phped.rel file seems to not takes effect in any of listed attributes

I'll check what's up with it.

I have to correct myself, file name is func.rel, not func.cfg.

Regarding HTML.Attributes in phped.rel, it was never supported and this section was added by mistake.
On the other hand, I see no reason why not to use it. Will be supported in build 5238.

Thanks dmitri for replies.

So I will try to prepare also help hints for Tags and Attributes in Prado for this configs (and also I will complete descriptions on Prado's Tags - the d="..." attribute in func.rel).

Regards, ML

Hello,

I just downloaded 5.9 build 5916. Is it correct that the colon : in the prado tags no longer is recognized by the editor from func.rel / phped.rel? I used the instructions from Marcin. But they only seem to work if i don't use the colon. For example comTService in stead of com:TService.

Thanks for your answer.

WvD
Veteran

True. Or it is some bug, or something is changed.

Please dmitri let us know Smile

Hi,

I just downloaded 5.9 build 5921.

This version is not working with PradoImplPhpED.3.1.3.

I also created a predefined tag from menu Tools -> Settings -> Predefined tags, but the result was the same.

What can i do?
Veteran

As of build 5930 completion for Prado tags does not work. Fix will come soon.

EDIT: as of build 5935, support for Prado tags code completion is restored

Last edited by intro on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total