NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Possible (very future) enhancements?
Brad

Hi guys... I am still only in about the 12th day of using phpEd (don't know how I ever missed this program!) and this is now my editor of choice.

My registration will be coming soon after the trial period, if not before. Very Happy

Now, since I've bee so unfortunate as to not have known about phpEd before, I have had quite a bit of experience with other (lesser) code editors.

With that being said, I have seen a couple of nice features in some other editors that would be nice in some possible future version of phpEd.

Here's a list of would-be-nice features:

- Function-level/bracket level code collapsing (mentioned before)

- More stuff on the HTML toolbar. For example, a single on a button on the toolbar would insert a &nbsp; or a <br /> and things to that extent. I know these are trivial, but "instant" html insertion is nice.

- Souce coloring template files. That way, end users can create separate coloring template files for Javascript, XML, or whatever they like. Granted, phpEd will predominantly be for PHP (as it should).

Just some suggestions that would be nice, that's all. No biggie. Smile

I've left out the names of the other editors, I got these from, out of respect for the phpEd team. lol

Thanks,
Brad
Site Admin

Hi Brad,
thanks for suggestions.
HTML stuff is really quite trivial,
while code folding is much harder.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Possible (very future) enhancements?