NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Possible to control phpEd from an external app on Windows?

Hi gurus,

Curious: I'm in the middle of writing a rather large-ish app in Java, Groovy & Ant to handle building and publishing our companies tools to various remote servers, and was wondering if might be possible to have phpEd react to a command from my Java app? The Ant ftp task is rather brittle and doesn't come anywhere near the quality of the phpEd SFTP or FTP...

I'd like to have my Java app ask phpEd to run a smart-upload on a project.

Possible? If yes, any hints on where to start???

Cheers,
-Chris
Re: Possible to control phpEd from an external app on Window

ZermattChris wrote:
Hi gurus,

Curious: I'm in the middle of writing a rather large-ish app in Java, Groovy & Ant to handle building and publishing our companies tools to various remote servers, and was wondering if might be possible to have phpEd react to a command from my Java app? The Ant ftp task is rather brittle and doesn't come anywhere near the quality of the phpEd SFTP or FTP...

I'd like to have my Java app ask phpEd to run a smart-upload on a project.

Possible? If yes, any hints on where to start???

Cheers,
-Chris

Hmm.. I don't know about this, but why not use scp (scopy), rsync, or another command line sftp type program?
Site Admin

Quote:
but why not use scp (scopy), rsync, or another command line sftp type program?

because neither of them support smart-sync. The most closest one is rsync, but it's not too stable and not available under Windows.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:

because neither of them support smart-sync. The most closest one is rsync, but it's not too stable and not available under Windows.
rsync is available under windows. it's a binary part of the cygwin package. It works fine like the rsync under any *nix. us it every day to sync a document folder on a windows server with a webserver under linux.

stappel wrote:
dmitri wrote:
Quote:

rsync is available under windows. it's a binary part of the cygwin package. It works fine like the rsync under any *nix. us it every day to sync a document folder on a windows server with a webserver under linux.

Second -- rsync is *very* stable on Cygwin/win32. I've deployed it as a backup solution in networks exceeding 100 PCs.
Site Admin

Quote:
Second -- rsync is *very* stable on Cygwin/win32

Try to google for "rsync hangs" Smile
and it hangs for sure under Cygwin too. If you didn't experience this problem, it does not mean that the problem does not exist. Maybe whole your project or its changed part to upload are small enough.