NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Portable version of PhpDock
Veteran

Hi,

I find PhpDock a really great idea - I can't wait for the next version, with the long awaited fullscreen option included.

What would be really great in order to have an amazing portable solution would be to have a portable version of PhpDock to install on an U3 USB stick.

As for now, one requirement of portable applications is that nothing should be written in the registry. Looking into mine, I found at least one entry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section. Do you think it would require from you a lot of efforts to come up with a portable version in a near future ?

Thanks for the answer and keep remember Nusphere rocks - we love you guys !
Site Admin

afaik, phpdock does not depend on the registry values.
what was stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in your case?

Hi Dmitri,

Here is the screenshot of my registry for the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

FYI, I tried to temporary delete this key and run PhpDock from a USB key and ..... (drums) it works perfectly !!

So do you think you can just move the settings to a .ini file instead of writting them in the registry ?

Thanks in advance... as always congratulations for your products which are always one step beyond the others !
Site Admin

those entries are not PhpDock's Smile
this way installers are adding entries to the INSTALL/REMOVE SOFTWARE list that you see when you run it from the Control Panel.

OK, thanks, that's the answer I expected.
Portable version of PhpDock