NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
portable phpEd

Are you think about portable version of phpEd, i think this is will very suitible Smile

As in cross-platform? or portable on a memory stick? Rolling Eyes

as portable on USB memory stic
Guru master

That actually makes sense given the license... You can use PHPEd on any PC that you work on, as long as it's you and it's only one PC at a time (NuSphere peeps, please correct me if I'm wrong). I think for that to work it would require that you either take an export of the phped key in the registry with you and import it first prior to running the program, or that NuSphere removes all registry entries and stores them back in a file.

Personally I always would've liked a sort of .ini approach to the registry. You start the software and then a registry hive that is stored alongside the program (or in your user directory) gets loaded. That way you could backup all relevant settings for software and take it with you. Dreaming is so wonderful...
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Re: portable phpEd

apokrif wrote:
Are you think about portable version of phpEd, i think this is will very suitible Smile

Yes, a usb version of phped would be extremely useful. I have had many experiences of when I am unable to use my system due to something as: hardware failure, virus or just needing to do a reinstall. It is times like those when I could use a lite weight toolset installed on a usb stick, to finish my work. In fact that is what brings me here now, Im trying to make a lite weight toolset for my usb stick so I can be prepared in case of any future technical difficulties.

So yes a usb workable phped is desireable, perhaps a liter weight one requiring less pc.

Jeff
portable phpEd