NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Portable PhpDock?

What would be great would be a portable version of PhpDock where you could package a folder into an EXE without exposing your code or your license in the runtime.

I'm sure some l33t haxx0rs out there could do it for us Smile
Site Admin

With php code, you can encode all the scripts using NuCoder.
Since v2.0 it supports licensing and you're double-safe.

Except your licence is exposed to the end user. Even better would be a single exe package - zero-install!
Site Admin

Suppose we have made the license hidden, so nobody can see it. Wouldn't it make it even easier for the people to abuse you?
With license file shown, they understand that they will show their customers with your company name.

I think you really need to listen to what people are saying.

We are paying for something from you. You grant us access to the software by giving us a license. But in order to use your software we have to distribute our licence.

They could put ANYTHING in it. And your argument that it is fine as it is is that "They will distribute it with your company name on it"? That makes it better?

Listen, if you are so confident that this would discourage anyone, just put up a full version dock-app with your own license in it for all and sundry to download.

Honestly, I think your sales of phpDock would practically end on the day you did.

And yet this is what you are asking us to do. To put our name on something and distribute it in a format where we cannot guarantee that what is seen by users is what we designed it to be.

Now, make it a single exe or not ... I'm not overly concerned about that ... it's easy enough to put together an install package. Also, at run time it would need to be decompressed, so I assume the files would be accessible then anyhow. But PLEASE give us a way to distribute a user level key which locks the dock to display our unmodified content.

A quick checksum of the files rolled into a new serial number would prevent anyone from changing our content while simultaneously protecting the serial number we paid good money for.

That would leave us the OPTION to use nucoder to encode our PHP files, should we feel the need to protect our source files from view.

Please recognise that these are distinct issues. Protecting the code, protecting our copy of the dock and ensuring that the dock displays ONLY the code that was present when the user serial was generated.

Thanks

6 months later and this is still an issue. Please NuSphere, do something!

Yeah, it's a little dissapointing really.

I purchased phpDock for a pretty big site demonstration roll out thinking it would be perfect. Like a fully functional website in a sandbox for potential users. But I eventually abandoned it and just use a standard website instead, all because of this one issue.

Pretty much a waste of money for me, and coupled with the difficulty of getting a nucoder compatible host and the expiry of my phpED subscription, I'm pretty close to abandoning NuSphere altogether.

Sad really ... I was such a big fan.

Dear users,
We understand that you'd like to see the features you suggested to be implemented, but please understand our situation as well: we're relatively small company, and we're getting hundreds of suggestions from our users for all products: PhpEd, Nucoder, PhpDock, and PhpExpress. So we need to put priorities on those requests.
Regarding the last post from Stryks (regarding Nucoder) - I believe you meant PhpExpress, but there are shared hosting providers which allow you to have PhpExpress on their system, the most notable is godaddy.com. Please contact support if you'd like to know more about PhpExpress and hosting. And regarding PhpEd subscription expiration please email to sales if you'd like to renew, not sure as well why you need to abandon Nusphere, and in any case your license is yours forever, you just won't get new versions if you don't renew. But again, it's a question to sales, not for the forum discussion - please email to us and we'd be glad to reply.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Support

gitmans wrote:
Dear users,
We understand that you'd like to see the features you suggested to be implemented, but please understand our situation as well: we're relatively small company, and we're getting hundreds of suggestions from our users for all products: PhpEd, Nucoder, PhpDock, and PhpExpress. So we need to put priorities on those requests.
Regarding the last post from Stryks (regarding Nucoder) - I believe you meant PhpExpress, but there are shared hosting providers which allow you to have PhpExpress on their system, the most notable is godaddy.com. Please contact support if you'd like to know more about PhpExpress and hosting. And regarding PhpEd subscription expiration please email to sales if you'd like to renew, not sure as well why you need to abandon Nusphere, and in any case your license is yours forever, you just won't get new versions if you don't renew. But again, it's a question to sales, not for the forum discussion - please email to us and we'd be glad to reply.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Support

Hello Nusphere Customer Support,
I am already a phped Advantage user and recently also purchased PhpDock.
I would like some statement on this matter, as I am planning to deploy a free application which will run on phpdock and I wouldn't like to give away for free the license file, as others also stated in this thread.

As for my 2 cents on the matter, I would suggest that we should have an option of providing the license string as a php included file (that we can of course encode either with phpencoder or in my case with ioncube. (Sorry ioncube was my preferred solution when nusphere wasn't having an encoder yet Wink ).
Now, you could write a php extension which would need to be included and through which we could declare the license key and phpdock would succesfully finish initialization and run the app.

Thanks for taking the time to review this and provide some answer on the overall matter.

Frank

Dear i think even better would be a single exe package zero-install, Since v2.0 it supports licensing and you're double-safe.
Laughing