NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Polystyle on Vista needs tweaking

For all you folks like me who upgraded to Vista, maybe a bit premature, here is how to get polystyle to work.

The problem: it won't format your php code because polystyle times out and may give some strange error related to javascript file it is trying to write.

The reason: you are running PhPEd as a normal user and Polystyle wants to write to a protected directory.

Solution: As administrator, modify perms on C:\Program Files (x86)\nusphere\phped\polystyle\internal\cache and set it such that Users have Full access.

Sidebar:
Okay, the other solution is to run PhpEd ad Administrator. BUT, hey, Vista is trying to protect you...so when you run things as Administrator, you put yourself at risk. This is similar to how Linux has root users and non-privileged users. Running as administrator on Vista should only be used for installation of programs, configuration of your system, etc.
Site Admin

you may want to let Polystyle authors to know about this problem. It's a 3rd party tool available from this link http://www.polystyle.com/

I had the exact same issue with Polystyle in windows vista, but it appeared first after I purchased the full version and installed it.

Running PhpEd as administrator solved the problem. I guess they are not very active developers, or they are not aware of the issue still (I noticed it's been more than a year since you posted this Smile
Polystyle on Vista needs tweaking