NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
plz support 'heredocument' syntax in syntax highlightning
Zentinel

Hi there!!

I'am currently evaluating phpED and so far, I MUST say that it's really a great tool that can definately save you a lot of time and work!

But I'm wondering because it seems that this IDE doesn't support the 'heredocument' syntax:

echo <<<END

*some text or html-code to echo*

END;

The Problem is, that when you make a single ' in the echo - block the rest of the code will be displayed in green (string) until the next '... this works for " as well... I'm also experiencing problems with the <script></script> tag... after the </script>-tag everything is displayed in grey until EOF!!

It would be great if you would add this feature to make phpED even more perfect!!

Greetings

Zentinel
Site Admin

HEREDOC requires some redesign of the php code parser. Currently it's a finite state machine and can restart from the any point of the text while HEREDOC would require to start either before thid block or after.
Shortly, there are some problems with HEREDOC and we know about it.

BTW, do you want HEREDOC to be highlighter with a common color ? For example, all in green ?

Regarding <script> - </script>. There was a problem with that in phped build 3220. Please download phped 3239 (that corresponds to update pack#1) currently available and please confirm that script/script pair works okay there.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Zentinel

Hello ddmitire,

well first of all thx for yer reply!! I thought a lot about HEREDOC and the way it should be highlited... Some Programs show it like normal strings (would be green) and highlight vars (i.e. fat) like you do with phpED in normal strings too... Another way a friend of mine suggested would be to show it like normal html-code and in addition highlight variables... Maybe it would be cool to let the user choose between these two possibilities!

Another problem that I forgot about to write is, that when you have for example END; at the beginning of a line and place the cursor at the beginning of that line and press enter, the END; would appear twice... As I see, this problem got fixed in the new release too, so thank you for that because it really went on my nerves Very Happy!

Thx for solving the <script> problem... I was downloading the new build while posting this so I didn't already know about this!!

Greetings

Zentinel

P.P.: I just want to say that I think it's really great how you treat user input on this support page... I mean you are really asking how people want the stuff to look and feel and I think you are really doing a great work so keep on rollin'!
plz support 'heredocument' syntax in syntax highlightning