NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Please help a newbie

Ok ive used an old version on nusphere in the past and it was the dogs dangilies everything you could want was there and pre configured, even a myphp stop and start button in the start menu, ideal for my php developing localy. as time went on the php standard increased and i stopped using nusphere and just did everything the long winded way (on a remote web server)
Now ive installed the latest version of nusphere only to find that i cant use it, no mysql Sad
ive download mysql for windows (im using win98se) and yes well ok the html area of nusphere is up and fine and i can get some unfamiluar traffic light in my tray but i cant work out how to access the good old familuar mysql admin area or even tell if ive installed the right stuff.
so please help.
html working fine on apatche
so do i have the correct mysql (windows version)
ive installed it to the default dir (c:\mysql)
my nusphere is in c:\ nusphere
oh and some one keeps going on about your ultra sql will that do the job and if so where is it and how do i install it.
Embarassed even though ive been self learning php for three years i now feel like a complete newb and i rearly need to put this one to bed and get my web server fully working and my scripts running.
thanks in advance.

Please describe your problem in more details: what you wanted to view / do and what happened. Also please provide your system and environment details. Then I will try to help you.

If you want to try out UltraSQL, please register here http://www.nusphere.com/web/ and then download the trial version.

i just want to get mysql working rearly i an familuar with the admin section via http so that i can edit the database entires and create tables ect.
i have a working nusphere installation.
my o/s is win98se
ive downloaded mysql and inatalled it into default dir c:\mysql
my nusphere is in c:\ nusphere
ive downloaded and installed myodbc or what erver it is (not sure if i need it)
ive started the mysql server with winmysqladmin but when ever i try to connect to database via http i get user name and pass error and unable to connect,
why o why cant you just go back to how it was when nusphere was a complete package, and even if the licence for mysql has changed cant you write nusphere so that an end user can just drop the mysql in to a dir and the run a config scritp from nusphere admin section???
Site Admin

NuSphere is not interested in MySQL database server anymore.
There are two reasons for that
1. our own SQL server NuSphere UltraSQL outperforms MySQL and provides much better level of SQL-compatible service.
2. Free distribution of MySQL server is prohibited by MySQL license.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Please help a newbie