NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Please explain the cache feature


Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 76
Reply with quote
Is it possible to have more information about how PhpExpress's cache works?

I understand the work done by the encoder: it compiles the files to bytecode and passes them to the PHP interpreter like that, so it's faster. But I'm not sure I fully understand what the cache feature does! What is the underlying principle?

By the way, congratulations NuSphere team for this new product!
View user's profileFind all posts by jlSend private message
Veteran

Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 311
Reply with quote
in a nut shell caching means that once PHP script is compiled into bytecodes, the result is stored in the cache. The next time this script is executed, PhpExpress will be smart enough to skip the compilation and load what's cached. If you call phpexpress() from your PHP script you will be presented with the UI displaying the state of the cache.
Hope it helps.
View user's profileFind all posts by yfaktorSend private message


Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 76
Reply with quote
yfaktor wrote:
in a nut shell caching means that once PHP script is compiled into bytecodes, the result is stored in the cache. The next time this script is executed, PhpExpress will be smart enough to skip the compilation and load what's cached. If you call phpexpress() from your PHP script you will be presented with the UI displaying the state of the cache.
Hope it helps.

Yes, but if I encode the files locally, before uploading them online (where phpexpress is installed), what will the cache do? There is then only one version of each file online: the already compiled one, right? So there is no need to cache another version... Or am I missing something?
View user's profileFind all posts by jlSend private message
Site Admin

Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 7893
Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, but if I encode the files locally, before uploading them online (where phpexpress is installed), what will the cache do? There is then only one version of each file online: the already compiled one, right? So there is no need to cache another version... Or am I missing something?

What you see in encoded files is a bytestream that requres some pre-processing before it becomes suitable for running by php. Cache will eliminate this phase. But certainly you can turn cache off. It works independently.

_________________
The PHP IDE team
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website


Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 76
Reply with quote
dmitri wrote:

What you see in encoded files is a bytestream that requres some pre-processing before it becomes suitable for running by php. Cache will eliminate this phase. But certainly you can turn cache off. It works independently.


Thanks for the explanation!
View user's profileFind all posts by jlSend private message
Please explain the cache feature
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Reply to topic