NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

Do you use TDD and would PHPUnit integration be of use?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

PHPUnit and TDD

I've used PhpEd for several years now, a fully annually paid up user, and I've always enjoyed it's simplicity and power alike.

However, I recently started a short contract and at this place they use TDD (test driven dev) with PHPUnit extensively.

Initially setting up wasn't a problem. I simply used integration to call phpunit via CLI and it worked fine. Brings up a DOS box and runs the unit tests. All ok so far.

Until I was asked to display my coverage report. I was then shown what they use, Netbeans. Netbeans has seemless PHPUnit integration and uses xdebug to aquire coverage information. In fact, coverage was displayed in the editor, executed lines shaded green, missed lines shaded red. It was rather impressive!

Then looking back at PhpEd my co-worker said (use a German accent) "Youz paid forz zis zoftware?"

So I'd like to see PHPUnit integrated into PhpEd in a way that competitors manage to do it (apparently for free too).

FYI, phpUnit integration is already here: http://www.nusphere.com/products/php_testing_phpunit.htm

well, looks like there is still no code coverage support in PHPEd?
Atleast i couldn't find anything, and editing the phpunit.xml to add code-coverage didn't work either.

So is the phpUnit/code-coverage feature in PHPEd still missing ?

himmelweiss, I also wrote such FR: http://forum.nusphere.com/php-codecoverage-for-phpunit-and-dbg-php-t8954.html.
We can't wait years, so I used workaround: alternative php.ini. Default php.ini loads nuspheres php-dbg, alternative loads universal xdebug.
I made a script phpunit-cc which runs
php -c /usr/local/etc/php-xdebug.ini /usr/local/bin/phpunit --coverage-html tests/report/ $*

(on linux, similar can be achieved on windows using .bat).

Best regards,
Bostjan

well, that's sad...

And they write on their homepage that PHPUnit is seamless integrated?
Half of the config settings for the phpunit.xml do not work :/

Thanks for your reply bzoks, but that's no solution for our office here. As you wrote, it is quite impractical.
PHPUnit and TDD