NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
phpinfo() doesn't show DBG
wald

Hi people,

I installed DBG 2.11.23 on my Win2k system and adjusted php.ini to load the php_dbg extension (PHP version is 4.2.3). First I got the "unable to load..." messages, but these were due to a bad extension_dir path.
So now I can start my Apache2 server without error messages, which makes me assume that the module got loaded correctly. Nevertheless, phpinfo() does _not_ give any DBG section or anything dbg-related.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? I realise this might be quite vague, but I haven't really got a clue on what might be wrong... I already searched the sourceforge forum, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Thanks for any advice,
Wald
Site Admin

Run phpinfo and make sure that you edited the same php.ini file as listed in the phpinfo() topmost header.
Then make sure that there is extension=php_dbg.dll-4.2.3
in your php.ini file and it's written correctly (somebody are known to type extention instead of extension)
Then make sure that [debugger] section is below extension loading line, while extension line itself is below the extension_dir line. Order of lines is important in php.ini.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
wald

Aargh.

I fanatically denied the possibility of me making an extension_dir path error, but I did. Everything you mention was in order, but my extension_dir path was specified as this:

extension_dir = C:/Progra~1/PHP/extensions/

I put in the "Progra~1" because I thought PHP might complain/misbehave at the space in "Program Files". However, PHP misinterprets this and extension_dir ends up to be "C:\Progra" and nothing more. Changing it to

extension_dir = C:/Program Files/PHP/extensions/

solved my problem.

Anyway, thanks for the moral support Smile

Wald
phpinfo() doesn't show DBG