NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPED15 hangs when Save and then scaning starts and hangs

Hello,

I am using phped 15, when I save (press ctrl+s), it starts scanning same folder and hangs PhpED IDE and this is pretty annoying.

I have good system with 4th gen i7 12gb ram, with 2 ssd drive, one for os and phped and second for vm ware machine
I used samba share from virtual machine
My project has 3000+ files

Please suggest how I can tune it, to avoid it hanging problem.
Guru master

I mostly do Magento development and always remotely. Just checked a recent project which has over 22,000 files in it. If PhpED does a scan, it does sometimes hang for a few seconds, but normally only when I do something like create a new directory. Most of the time it is not a problem.

Have you tried turning off anti-virus to see if that is causing a problem?

On one of my development systems, that is a Windows 7 VM (VMware ESXi) and I discovered that ESET Antivirus HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) causes delays with PhpED, although not total hangs, despite my excluding PhpED from HIPS. Turning off ESET HIPS fixed that problem. Other anti-virus have similar features.

On another development system which is a good specification desktop, it does not get the hangs. Seems to be a characteristic to do with the VM, although I never discovered what.
PHPED15 hangs when Save and then scaning starts and hangs