NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] PHPEd sometimes deletes toolbar settings

There are times when PHPEd deletes toolbar settings and returns to the default format. Here I am referring to things like position of the toolbars, visibility of toolbars, setting code explorer not to show full tree, and things like that. What do I need to do to maintain my changes permanently?
Veteran

Could you provide more details please - what were the settings and what happened to them? Please note that toolbars get "moved" when you switch to full screen more (View->Full screen). Thanks!

yfaktor wrote:
Could you provide more details please - what were the settings and what happened to them? Please note that toolbars get "moved" when you switch to full screen more (View->Full screen). Thanks!

Here, I am referring to Non-Full Screen mode. That is toolbars you select in view->toolbars to hide or ro show are not maintained. Also the positions of the toolbars, that is dragging the toolbars and placing them in a different position than the default is also not maintained. and lastly selecting not to show full tree in code explorer is not maintained. And to clarify on not maintained, the toolbars appear to be maintained, but after a while (could be one day or one week, that is, can occur at a random) PHPEd returns them to their default settings.

I am using PHPEd version 4.6.3 (Build 4634)
Site Admin

All is maintained correctly in original version. It looks like you use a patched/cracked trial version of PhpED.

Last edited by dmitri on Tue May 01, 2007 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

dmitri wrote:
All is maintained correctly in original version. What you use is patched/cracked trial version of PhpED and that's the problem.

how do I switch to original version. I have already bought PhpEd Standard. Do I need to unistall what I have now before installing the original version? And where is the link to download the original version
Site Admin

you need to log in using your account and download the product from My Products section.

dmitri wrote:
you need to log in using your account and download the product from My Products section.

What I have in my account is
PHPEd Version 4.6.3 (Build 4634). Same version that is giving me problem now. I tened to think the problem comes when I click the X window closing button. Most of the times when I click this button windows report the program is not responding, so when I click "end program" button, I loose the toolbar settings.
Site Admin

ah, it means that you effectively kill the process while it's saving its settings and then wonder why the settings are not saved...
Just do not kill and let it shutdown normally.

dmitri wrote:
ah, it means that you effectively kill the process while it's saving its settings and then wonder why the settings are not saved...
Just do not kill and let it shutdown normally.

Does this imply PHPEd deletes the old saved settings whenever you start PHPEd? A better approach is not to delete the settings since the application can hang or windows can hang so its advisable to use the old saved settings. If you kill the application PHPEd should just restore the old settings. A normally kill the process since in my computer it takes long to close and windows reports that the application is not responding.
Site Admin

No, it does never delete settings.
But if you kill the application while it's saving them, they become corrupted and therefore IDE will drop them to defaults next time you run the IDE.

dmitri wrote:
No, it does never delete settings.
But if you kill the application while it's saving them, they become corrupted and therefore IDE will drop them to defaults next time you run the IDE.

But I it will be better for PHPEd to improve on this. I know many applications that do not delete their settings no matter how their application is closed including killing the application.
[resolved] PHPEd sometimes deletes toolbar settings