NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Re: Great tool, thanks

detain wrote:
Love it ! great work, thanks!

Glad you like it Smile

Quote:
and in case anyone is wondering i watched for any outgoing network packets from the program and there was none, its safe and not trying to steal any of your data =)

Definitely won't contain anything untowards. Although it's not an official tool, I did ask Dmitri (NuSphere) previous to posting it here. The only reason it's not open-source is that I'm no professional desktop app coder.. I do it very much for the fun of learning and figure the code probably isn't as nicely written as it could be (I'm far more fluent in PHP!)... but if anyone was to be concerned, I'd be more than happy to share the source code with them as there's certainly nothing hiding in, or around it.. and if for some reason (although I can't think of one right now) it was to ever contain network code, this would most definitely be defined in the public change log.

Cheers..

Ian
Re: PhpED Settings Mgr - Import/export your settings [Rel 1.

This is great, i haven't try it yet but i appreciate the effort.

Hi,

Seem "Code snippets" is not import/exportable yet, do you plan to make it comes true? Razz

Btw, thanks a ton for your useful app Very Happy

Hi..

newhope wrote:
Hi,

Seem "Code snippets" is not import/exportable yet, do you plan to make it comes true? Razz

Sure... I'll look into this shortly and get it implemented.

Quote:
Btw, thanks a ton for your useful app Very Happy

Glad you like it and it's proven useful Very Happy

Cheers..

Ian

Hi all..

1.2.3.1204 has been released. Code Snippets are now included in the import / export routine.

Also checked against PhpED 11 for compatibility, including the migration.

Download link in post #1.

Cheers..

Ian

Hi all..

New version released: 1.3.0 build 1307.

This release sees a new feature and some internal code cleanup... the new feature being a built-in 'check for updates' function (available from the Help menu) and an asynchronous downloader! This feature will be developed further in the future to be a bit more complete / nicer (eg: display a progress bar of current download progress etc) but it downloads in the background and will display an alert message when the download is complete in the systray area the same as is used for reporting that the export has succeeded.

Hopefully a relatively simple, but welcome feature to the app Smile

Download link in post #1 as always.

Cheers..

Ian

PS: Obviously, despite the post a few posts above now does include "network code", this is simply:

Code:
string downloadUrl = "https://clue-by-4.org/download/12";
webClient.DownloadFileAsync(new Uri(downloadUrl), filename);

where 'filename' is the filename you select in the save dialog.

You're . cool.
Thanks for the swift action Smile

Hi Ian,

No need for a new release in the light of v12?

I am hesitant to update cuz I know I'd have to set things up all over again...

Cheers!
Veteran

temuri wrote:
No need for a new release in the light of v12?

I'd like to switch over to the new 64-bit version, so temuri's question is quite interesting for me in regard to transferring the settings to this edition. I didn't install it yet, but I guess the registry keys are different.

Cheers,
Jan

Sorry lads.. I wasn't expecting v12 so quickly and haven't had a chance to install it myself yet as it's been my 2 year old lads birthday and my 38th (no idea where these years keep going! Smile ) this weekend and the obvious run up to xmas. Bear with me and I'll get things installed and tested _possibly_ before xmas, but if not, between xmas and new year.

As it stands, I certainly _can't_ guarantee that migrating from x86 to x64 with settings mgr will work as I haven't yet looked into it.. but I will have it working ASAP.

Cheers..

Ian
Veteran

No need to hurry - congratulations to you and have a merry christmas! Smile

Cheers,
Jan

Thanks Jan Smile

I've just had a quick look at it appears that PSM 1.3.0 works just fine with 12.x x64.

Initially it seems that v12 will implement v11 settings upon initial loading.. but I closed v12 down, re-loaded v11, made some config changes, re-started v12 and the settings hadn't taken effect (as expected as I assumed it only does this on first run). Closed v12 down, ran PSM.. migrated from v11 to v12, restarted v12 x64 and everything appears to have migrated over nicely... so I think I'm happy to say that while PhpED appears to handle migrations now itself, PSM works just fine also if that's a preferred ("2nd opinion") option for people Smile I'll update the first post to reflect this.

I've seen a question in another thread about cleaning up past versions in the registry (mine date back to 5.9 and 5.9.5 for example). Whilst they don't inconvenience us, I plan to add a feature to be able to cleanup previous versions and remove redundant registry keys (this will be user-selectable rather than automated as what might be redundant for me might not be for you, etc). This will probably come in the new year.

Merry xmas all... happy hacking! Smile

Cheers..

Ian
PhpED Settings Mgr - Import/export your settings [Rel 1.3.0]